Most women will face the vaginal itching problem at least once in their whole life. However, as every woman who has suffered from this issue knows, even the most acute cases could be enough to make you crazy due to the stubborn constant urge to itch! In fact, this common health issue can negatively and noticeably affect your life much more seriously than you might think.
Top 23 Ways On How To Treat Vaginal Itching At Home Naturally
As I mentioned before, this is one of the most common issues that women may have to face in ther whole life. It is unlikely that there is any single woman who has never suffered from an itchy vagina at some point in their whole life. Genital itching or vaginal itching could be severely debilitating especially when women are at their workplace and cannot try to overcome the urge to itch. It will be able to lead to several heartaches and embarrassment for te sufferers, and thereby, it needs to be treated timely and seriously.
Genital itching can be triggered by a number of factors. The most common reason mighe be an irritation or a yeast infection in the vagina due to pads or chemicals used during menstruation. Lack of hygiene after sexual activity can also cause this condition and we cannot skip it for any reason. Wearing tight clothing could be another trigger factor that can lead to the symptoms of vaginal itching. When the irritations still persist, sufferers might feel more like a pain in their vagina.
Symptoms of the infection:
Symptoms that are associated with vaginal itching include a vaginal foreign body, vaginal pain, vaginal redness, vaginal swelling, vaginal discharge, and vaginal bleeding.
When vaginal itching becomes a stubborn and long term issue, people will need to start looking for other ways to stop the issue rather than making use of medications. Luckily, home remedies are also as efficient as the use of medication in the market.
Try to refer to the secrets to stop the vaginal itching naturally for good. In this article, I will reveal some of the best how to treat vaginal itching at home that people should learn and apply as soon as possible after realizing the signs of the disease! The home remedies include:
3. Indian Lilac
5. Basil Leaves
11. Boric Acid
12. Cranberry Juice
13. Avoid Sugar
20. Proper Hygiene
21. Take A Sitz Bath
23. Things To Avoid
This is the first way of top 23 ways on how to treat vaginal itching I want to show you in this writing. Rosemary is very useful for your vagina as it has the ability to remove the itch as soon as possible.
If you allow rosemary leaves to steep in water for a few minutes, you will have an anti-bacterial water which can be applied to your vagina. This rosemary water will prevent the cultivation of bacteria around your skin, which keeps your vaginal area dry, cool, clean, and moisturized, thus decreasing vaginal itching.
- You just let the rosemary leaves steep in the boiled water for 15 minutes.
- Then you strain the water and let it cool down.
- You use this solution to rinse your vagina for a few times per week.
See more: 10 Health benefits of rosemary
In order to instantly relieve vaginal itching, you have to try using a cold compress. This method will help you a lot in numbing the affected area and reducing the inflammation and itching
- You just wrap some ice cubes in a cloth and then tie them together.
- Now, you put this ice cube pack directly on the vagina for several minutes.
- You have a break for half a minute and continue to apply it.
- You should repeat this till the itching reduces.
- You can apply this remedy whenever you need.
- Or you may use cold water to rinse your vaginal area a few times daily.
Also called as neem, Indian Lilac is another effective way for people suffering from vaginal itching caused by a yeast infection. Thanks to the antiseptic properties in it, Indian Lilac will aid you in fighting against infection and ease itching along with other discomforts.
Way 1: Use Indian Lilac leaves
- You just take 1 handful of Indian Lilac leaves and then put it in 2 or 3 cups of water.
- You boil this mixture for a few minutes and strain this neem water.
- Next, let this solution cool and use it to rinse your vaginal area every day for several weeks.
Way 2: Use Indian Lilac oil
- You combine some drops of Indian Lilac oil with 1 bowl of warm water.
- Remember to mix them well and then use it to rinse your vagina.
- You should repeat this process twice per day within 2 weeks.
- Besides, you can also consume the Indian Lilac tea every day within 2 weeks or have an intake of Indian Lilac capsules after you consult your doctor.
You can apply either of two natural ways on how to treat vaginal itching with Indian Lilac to get rid of your condition.
Fenugreek is known as a great treatment for bacterial vaginosis. Click To Tweet It is also proven to be able to treat yeast infections which is one of the common reasons causing itching in your vagina. Fenugreek can not only rebalance the pH level of your vagina but also boost the immune system.
Way 1: Fenugreek seeds
- You simply soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in the water and let it stay aside for overnight.
- When you wake up in the next morning, you firstly drink this fenugreek seed water before you have your breakfast.
- Or you may steep 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in boiled water for about 5 minutes.
- Then you strain the water and combine it with a bit of honey.
- You drink this 2 times daily.
Way 2: Fenugreek powder
- You mix fenugreek powder well with yogurt at an equal ratio.
- Then you consume this twice per day.
- You apply this way 2 or 3 times a day until you get rid of this condition completely.
Basil is another effective herb sit in the list of top 23 ways on how to treat vaginal itching thanks to its different properties. Basil possesses antibacterial and antimicrobial as well as antifungal properties which are very beneficial in removing bacteria causing the itch.
- Now, you allow the basil leaves to steep in the boiled water for about to 17 to 20 minutes.
- Allow this basil water to cool down and drink it twice per day.
- You should consume this regularly until your condition becomes better.
Read more: 9 Health Benefits Of Basil
Chamomile contains a soothing effect which will help you to decrease inflammation and itching in your vagina. Here is a natural tip on how to treat vaginal itching with chamomile you can apply:
- You firstly put the chamomile flowers (2 tablespoons) in the boiling water (1 cup).
- You allow it to steep for 12 to 15 minutes and strain this chamomile water.
- Wait for a while until it becomes cool to the body temperature.
- Now, you take a vaginal douche syringe and pour the chamomile water in it. You use it to wash your vagina.
Garlic has antibiotic and antibacterial properties which are capable of killing yeast and bacteria causing itching. In addition, garlic can also improve your immune system as well as help your body to fight against infections.
- At first, you dilute some garlic oil drops with the vitamin E oil (1 teaspoon).
- Then you apply this oil mixture directly on your affected area.
- Keep waiting for 10 to 12 minutes and rinse off your vagina with warm water.
- You should apply this way twice a day within a few weeks.
- Another option for you is to chew 3 raw garlic cloves per day or have an intake of garlic supplements after you get your doctor’s advice.
Honey is another tip on how to treat vaginal itching. It owns antifungal and antibacterial properties which assist you in eliminating all kinds of microbial infection causing itching.
- You just apply the honey directly on your affected area as an ointment.
- Let it stay on there for half an hour and use warm water to take a bath.
- You can reapply it twice per day or more till its symptoms disappear.
- Besides, you can consume 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey mixed with 1 glass of warm water 2 times a day.
This essential oil is an ideal treatment for genital itch. It contains antifungal and antiseptic properties which have the ability to inhibit the growth of unnecessary bacteria. In addition, being an insect repellent, patchouli essential oil is also a versatile home treatment that can help your skin to relieve consistent rashes.
You just use patchouli essential oil as your ointment for the itching area regularly and you will see amazing results.
Kefir is a fermented product which is high in probiotics. It is also an effective way on how to treat vaginal itching along with related symptoms.
Thanks to plenty of probiotic bacteria, including Bifidus and lactobacillus, kefir will aid you in eliminating bad bacteria and yeast causing vaginal itching and infection. Additionally, kefir is also able to boost the immune system, thus preventing infections.
- To get rid of a vaginal infection, you just dip 1 tampon in this kefir and then put it inside your vagina for 2 hours.
- Keep doing this process twice on a daily basis until you feel comfortable.
- Besides, remember to drink one or two cups of kefir per day within 2 weeks.
Thanks to the antiseptic property and antifungal property in it, boric acid can provide you with a relief from itching and irritation in your vagina. If you are finding a natural way on how to treat vaginal itching with boric acid, you may follow some steps below:
- You dilute some teaspoon of boric acid together with water.
- Then you apply this over your affected area.
- Let it sit on there for 1 or 2 minutes and thoroughly rinse off your vagina with warm water.
- Do not forget to apply this way once a day for 2 weeks.
Consuming cranberry juice is also effective for treating vaginal itching and irritation. Cranberries are capable of creating an acidic environment which will assist in slowing down the growth of bacteria and yeast. Additionally, this juice helps a lot to fight against urinary tract infections along with other types of bladder infections.
- You just drink 2 glasses of cranberry juice every day till the itching disappears completely. You’d better consume unsweetened cranberry juice to get the best result.
- If you cannot find cranberry available in the market, you can have an intake of cranberry tablets 2 times a day. But you have to consult the doctor’s advice to get the correct dosage.
Learn more: Health benefits of cranberry juice and tea
This is the first out of the natural how to treat vaginal itching naturally that I want to introduce in this entire article.
If the trigger factor of your chronic itching or the itching recurrence is caused by thrush (yeast infection), then you should avoid or consuming less sugar in your daily meals. This will be a step in the right direction which can help to reduce the levels of yeast present. Similar to yeast, specifically Candida Albicans, thrives on sugar. Some people need to even avoid fruit sugar and follow to a strict Anti-Candida diet for a great deal of months, but just extreme cases need to do this.
Read more How To Cure Yeast Infection At Home With Yeast Infection No More to learn more about the best ways to beat off yeast infection in women.
By making sure to drink plenty of water, you will be able to flush out the yeast from your body system faster. Make sure that you will not drink more than two 500ml glasses of water within one hour because the body just can deal with this amount of water at once.
This is actually one of the best how to treat vaginal itching naturally that people should learn and make use.
So your vagina would be exposed to the clean, healthy air once again and will get lower risk for being sweat in the night. Going forward, you might need to wear loose fitting clothes in the day time. You should definitely avoid the following fabrics: tights, thongs, lace, polyester, Lycra/Spandex, or anything else which can lead your vagina to get itchy and hot. Until you can control your vaginal itch well, it is best to wear organic cotton lingerie (or even no lingerie for good) and over the top of this cotton trousers, shorts, or skirts. In fact, at night, when getting in bed, you should sleep without wearing underwear because this is one of the simplest yet effective natural tips on how to treat vaginal itching at home.
Once a day, you should soak the vagina in a shallow water bath (usually referred to as a ‘sitz’ bath) mixed with ½ cup of raw, organic apple cider vinegar. You should keep the legs spreading wide apart throughout the sitz bathing process, so the water will be able to flow freely around the region of your vagina. If you don’t have a bath, you can also make use of the small bath designed for baby. Bathing with apple cider vinegar can bring about wonderful results, and experts consider it useful as it can help to inhibit the development of yeast by killing them with the high acidic pH levels it contains. In fact, this is also one of the best how to treat vaginal itching naturally that I would like to introduce in this entire article.
If you have recently washed with a scented soap or any substance that contains a perfume like talc, you definitely should gently rinse the area just with water. The reason is because the residues of the perfume or soap can lead to vaginal itch in the first place. This reason is especially common in case that you have just changed your soap with other brand. I personally suggest that you should not use any soap on the vaginal area whatsoever. What you should do is just rinsing your vagina with plain, clean water once a day. That is enough to have your vagina healthy!
Chemical irritants can trigger or worsen the symptoms of vaginal itching. You will need to avoid the irritations because this can be a good way to relieve the symptoms of this condition. Heat and excess perspiration could worsen the vagina itching issue. Fragrances added to products, including bubble bath, laundry detergent, and toilet paper can cause irritation to the sensitive tissues of your vagina. You should also avoid scented products like feminine hygiene douches and sprays. This will be able to help you prevent the itch from the very start. Once you can stop the irritating chemicals from contacting with your vagina, you will be able to stop the itch naturally and right away. In fact, this is one of the best tips on how to treat vaginal itching at home without using any type of drug, pill, or medication, so people should try once for achieving instant result.
Yogurt has live and active cultures of lactobacillus acidophilus. There are numerous bacteria in this good probiotic food, so yogurt can help to maintain the balance of microflora and natural bacteria in your vagina effectively. An overabundance of bacteria and yeast in your vagina can lead to the hateful and stubborn vaginal itching issue, and the live cultures in yogurt will be able to balance the ratio well. You should not take antibiotics because it can wipe out good vaginal bacteria and even allow an overgrowth of the bad bacteria that leads too itchy vagina. Consuming yogurt while taking antibiotics will help you relieve the itch in the vaginal right away. People who do not like eating yogurt can also take lactobacillus acidophilus supplements as well.
This is another useful tip on how to treat vaginal itching at home that people should also make use! Good hygiene is very important and necessary for keeping the vaginal area healthy. However, either excess hygiene or highly frequent vaginal wash can even increase the risks of getting vaginal itching.
- When wiping after using a shower or after using the bathroom, wipe from front to back, meaning that you will need to start with the vagina and move back to the anal area.
- The vagina is a self-cleaning organ so that you do not need to scrub particularly hard or use strong body washes or soaps for this area. It would be best for you to smoothly rub when taking a bath. Or else, if you still want to use soap, just choose the type coming without additional fragrances.
- When you are facing and struggling with the vaginal itch problem, it is imperative for you to pay attention, taking daily baths or showers, and replace your underwear every day as well.
Add about ½ a cup of salt to a tub/sitz and make it full of warm water. Whisk the bathing water until the salt is 100% dissolved and then soak your body in the bath tub within about fifteen minutes. During this time, insert one finger inside the vagina so that the warm salt water can go inside. Salt water is very useful in fighting against infections, so you should do this for 2 – 3 nights to relieve your vaginal itching well.
Wearing loose clothes is also a great simple method that can help to prevent vaginal itching because it will keep your vagina dry and cool better. Make sure that you will always wear 100% cotton underwear to allow your skin to breathe. If you have a job at the office or spend most of your time sitting, to prevent your vagina from getting warm, you should ensure to stand up and walk around at least once an hour. This is actually a good tip on how to treat vaginal itching at home you should try once!
This is the last but very important natural tip on how to treat vaginal itching at home that I would like to list down in this entire writing and want readers to apply. Simply, these are just what you should avoid doing:
- Avoid using colored/scented toilet paper, perfumed powders, and scented soaps
- As tempting as it might be to soak yourself in a bubble bath. In fact, the bubble bath gel could even irritate your vaginal area and make the itching worse.
- Stay away from any kind of vaginal hygiene sprays
- Just use 100% cotton underwear and say “no” with those made from synthetic materials
- Avoid scratching as it will just irritate your skin and make your itching sensation worse
- Avoid letting your vaginal area wet because moisture around this area will make your condition worse.
- Avoid having intercourse till the itching disappears.
Now, after introducing several simple yet effective home remedies for itchy vagina, I would like to suggest readers to do one more thing if they have time – reading another article that is also a list of best tips on how to get rid of yeast infection – similar to the vaginal itching symptom – the List Of 20 Natural Home Remedies For Yeast Infection article. This is actually a wonderful article as it releases several tips and techniques, as well as natural remedies that are proven 100% safe to make use at home with ease to deal with the yeast infection, especially for women during pregnancy. In fact, the tips and techniques included in this article are very simple to apply and do not require people to spend much time, money, and effort yet still can win the fight against the yeast infection issue. In addition, these natural treatments just contain some very easy to find ingredients that are also very cheap and safe to use, so people just need to follow the step by step instruction carefully without concerning about the possible unwanted side effects. In brief, if you are suffering from vaginal itching or yeast infection, you just need to read these two articles and find out the best way to deal with your own case.
If you think that the best how to treat vaginal itching at home that I introduced in this article are exactly what you want to learn to deal with your current vaginal itching issue, and if you want to share this list with other women you know who are also struggling with this terrible condition, you should feel free to share this list widely to make use together with anyone you want. On the other hand, as an author of Vkool whose responsibility is giving readers the most informative and effective articles, helping people deal with problems in any field of life, I would like to see my readers’ personal opinions, so remember to leave your feedbacks and comments below!This is the list of the best how to treat vaginal itching naturally at home that are proven effective and 100% based on nature so that readers of VKool.com and any other women who are also suffering from this painful and itchy vaginal issue. In fact, everyone can make use of these remedies to fight against and beat off their condition with ease without losing too much time, money, and effort. Moreover, these home remedies will not lead to any harmful side effect so people should not concern about this at all!
Related articles about women health issues and problems, including itchy vaginal itching, how to improve their sexual health, and how to deal with related diseases naturally: