Peeling skin is irritating and itchy, and sometimes can lead to the feeling of skin pain. It was also well-known as the result of dry, sensitive skin, triggered by the water deficiency of the skin and can sometimes lead to the appearance of redness on the skin.
Home Remedies For Peeling Skin On Hands And On Face – Best Natural Treatments:
Our skin consists of 3 layers – the outer layer or “epidermis”, the middle layer or “dermis”, and the innermost layer or “hypodermis”. Periodically, the epidermis or outer layer is totally replaced by new skin cells.
During this time, the dead skin cells start to be peeled off. This is a crucial stage of the skin's natural healing process. Most of the time, this stage does not attract people's attention.
Nevertheless, in some cases, there might be excess skin peeling on fingers, hands, face, and other body's parts. This can occur when the skin is exposed to the sunlight for a prolonged time period, creating chance for harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays to damage the top layer of the skin.
Today, in this article, I would like to reveal some of the best home remedies for peeling skin on hands and face that are proven to work useful for stopping this skin condition.
This is the first out of the most effective home remedies for peeling skin on hands and face that I want to introduce in this full writing.
Mint is also a healthy natural ingredient that is very beneficial for dealing with peeling skin. This herbal remedy provides a calming effect on the skin and can also help in moisturizing our skin as well as keeping it rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Prepare some fresh mint leaves and extract the juice from them.
- Use the mint juice to apply directly onto the infected skin areas before bedtime.
- Rinse your skin off with warm water the next morning and use a soft towel to pad your skin dry
- Use a light moisturizer to apply onto your skin gently
- Apply this treating tip every day till you see your dry and peeling skin improved with a healthy look.
Yogurt is also among the best foods for efficiently cooling down the human skin and body, as well as providing you with noticeable reduction on skin itching and other signs of peeling skin.
The trace elements, minerals, acids, and enzymes contained in yogurt can aid a lot in speeding up the healing process for peeling skin. In addition, yogurt can act as a great moisturizer that can be absorbed deeply and help to improve dry skin. Choose one of the 2 following home remedies for peeling skin and repeat the method twice every day until you see your dry, peeling skin issue improved.
- You just need to prepare a mixture made from 2 tablespoons of yogurt and the pulp of half of 1 banana (ripe). Use the mixture to apply directly onto your affected skin area. Let it stay for about fifteen minutes and then use warm water to rinse your skin off.
- You can also mix 2 teaspoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Use the mixture to apply directly onto your affected skin area liberally. Let it dry naturally and gradually, and then use warm water to rinse your skin off.
Read more: How To Get Rid Of Urticaria With Natural Urticaria And Angioedema Treatment – another skin issue.
Honey can also help to rejuvenate peeling skin. It has enzymes, water, fructose, glucose, and oil, making it a wonderful natural skin moisturizer. Honey can also help to reduce skin irritation and itchiness associated with peeling skin.
- Mix 1 teaspoon sandalwood powder with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and 1 teaspoon of honey together to form a paste. Use this paste to apply directly onto the affected skin area, let it stay for half an hour and then use warm water to rinse it off.
- Take a little honey to rub onto the affected skin are. Let it stay for about ten to twenty minutes before using warm water to rinse it off.
Follow both of these methods 2 – 3 times every day for 1 week to make your skin supple and soft.
In fact, this is one of the best home remedies for peeling skin on hands and face that people should remember to learn and make use for good!
Read more How To Get Rid Of Bumps Naturally With Banish My Bumps – also a common skin issue that causes skin itching and inflammation.
4. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is very famous for its amazing health benefits as well as beauty effects. For example, coconut oil can help your digestive system work well and make your hair growth stronger and faster than ever before. However, in terms of skin issue, coconut oil is actually one of the best remedies for peeling skin on face and hands as well. It contains skin-nourishing fatty acids that act as a great natural skin moisturizer. In addition, the antioxidant properties contained in coconut oil can help to relieve skin irritation and itching.
- Put some extra-virgin coconut oil in to the microwave to heat it and make it warm.
- Use this warm oil to rub onto your affected skin area and massage the oil into your skin gently.
- Apply this easy treating tip 2 – 3 times every day so that you would be able to see good results as desired fast – just a few days.
Another out of the most effective home remedies for peeling skin on hands and on face that I would like to introduce in this writing and want my readers to make use is cucumber.
Cucumber is a natural astringent and it is also very rich in water, helping effectively in keeping your skin well-hydrated. In addition, the cooling effect of cucumber can help to reduce skin itching and irritation. Cucumber is also abundant in vitamin C so that it will also help to relieve sunburn and create favorable conditions for skin recovery.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 1 peeled cucumber in a blender to from a thick, smooth paste. Use the paste to apply right onto your peeled skin area. Let it stay for about ten minutes, and then use warm water to wash your skin off. Apply this method once every day till you notice your peeling skin problem addressed or at least greatly improved.
• You can also grate 1 cucumber and use the cucumber paste to apply directly onto your affected skin area. Let it stay for about fiteen to twenty minutes, and then use warm water to wash your skin off. Apply this method 2 times every day for 1 – 2 weeks to retain sufficient and necessary moisture for skin.
6. Lemon And Sugar:
Another out of the most efficient home remedies for peeling skin on face and on hands that people should not look down is making use of the lemon and sugar scrub.
Being a strong astringent, lemon can help to remove dead skin cells as well as reducing skin peeling. In addition, the soothing and healing properties contained in the ingredients of this citrus fruit are vey beneficial for skin as well. When combined with sugar, lemon can work as a useful natural skin scrub.
- Mix juice from half a lemon, 1/2 cup of sugar, with 1 tablespoon of olive and 1 tablespoon of olive oil together.
- Use the mixture to apply right onto your affected skin area and rub for about 5 minutes in circular motions.
- Parepare cold water and rinse your skin off.
- Apply this method 1 – 2 times per week until you see your peeling skin issue resolved or reduced.
Milk is very good for people who want to treat peeling skin at home. It can work well as a natural skin moisturizer. Milk contains high levels of protein so that it provides a powerful soothing effect. Besides, milk are rich in lactic acid as well which can help to relieve skin itching and irritation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of whole milk. Use the mixture to apply directly onto your affected skin area while massaging your skin gently. Let it stay for about ten minutes and then use warm water to wash your skin off. Apply this method 2 times every day for about 1 week.
- Prepare ice-cold whole milk; soak 1 washcloth in the milk and wring out the excessive milk. Place the milk-soaked washcloth onto your affected skin area for about ten minutes. Then use clean water to wash your skin off. Apply this tip 2 – 3 times every day until your skin get their good health and look back.
In fact, this is also one of the simplest to follow yet also effective home remedies for peeling skin on face and on hands that I would like to introduce in this entire writing and want my readers to learn and apply to stop the peeling skin issue fast and effectively.
8. Bathing With Oatmeal:
Oatmeal is very useful in dealing with skin irritation and itching associated with peeling skin. In addition, the soothing properties of this ingredient can help your skin remain the natural moisture it needs.
- In a bath tub filled with warm water, stir 1 cup of oatmeal into the water.
- Soak your affected skin area in this soothing bath water within about 30 minutes.
- Use clean water to rinse your skin off, and then use a soft towel to pat it dry.
- Use this natural moisturizer to apply onto your skin.
- Apply this home treatment every day before bedtime till you see the good result as desired.
This is also among the best home remedies for peeling skin on face and on hands that people should learn and apply at home.
9. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera contains moisturizing and soothing properties which can help people eliminate peeling skin effectively. It can also help to reduce skin itching, irritation, and inflammation.
• Mix a little vitamin E oil with 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel.
• Use this mmixture t apply onto your affected skin area.
• Let it dry naturally, and then use warm water to rinse it off.
• Apply this method 2 – 3 times every day wthin at least 1 week.
10. Olive Oil:
This is the last but also very important out of the list containing the best home remedies for peeling skin on face and hands that I want to introduce in this entire article.
Olive oil contains skin-nourishing fatty acids which can act as a wonderful natural moisturizer for people with dry skin. The oil will coat your skin and lock in moisture. In addition, olive oil contains vitamin E which can aid your body in fighting free radicals that can usually contribute to natural skin aging.
- Mix a sufficient amount of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of salt to form a thick paste. Apply the paste as a natural body scrub to remove dead skin cells. Apply this tip onto your affected skin area 2 times every day for about one week till your skin can be healed well.
- On the other hand, you can heat some extra-virgin olive oil to make it slightly warm in a microwave. You can rub the warm olive oil onto your affected skin areas and massage your skin gently. Thus, the oil would be able to be penetrated deeply inside your skin. Apply this tip 3 times every day till you see your condition improved!
Now, after reading this full writing and learning exactly how to make use of the home remedies for peeling skin on hands and on face to deal with this skin disease naturally at home, what you should do next is just to spend time reading another useful article that will also help you deal with the flaky skin (also known as “peeling skin”) issue – the List Of 7 Natural Home Remedies For Flaky Skin On Face article – a full gathering of proven effective and natural techniques and treating tips that can help anyone who are struggling with flaky (peeling) skin get rid of the issue fast without the need for any type of drug, pill, or medication. In fact, the home remedies revealed in this article are actually good and safe to apply at home with ease, so even the beginner can learn and make use of that list to add more knowledge to increase the chances of successfully stopping the flaky, peeling skin issue. These remedies are 100% natural and safe to use so that people should not concern about this!
This is actually an entire list of the best home remedies for peeling skin on face and body that readers of VKool.com and other people who are also struggling with the peeling skin issue should know and apply for good! These home remedies are totally based on nature and proven safe for anyone to apply at home with cheap and easy to find natural ingredients so that no one will have to get any failure or difficulty when making use of these remedies.
If you think that the home remedies for peeling skin on face and hands that I suggested above are actually good for your current situation and also for other people you know suffering from this skin issue, and if you also do not want to make use of these home remedies alone, you can share this list widely to make use together with anyone you want. As an author, I always want to see my readers’ personal opinions and evaluation, so do not forget to let me see your comments and feedbacks by filling the comment form below!
Related articles about some skin issues, including peeling skin, how to deal with them, and how to improve skin health: