The nervous system is actually the most important and also complex parts of the human body. It is responsible for responding in both of internal and external stimuli with different actions and emotion. It has the function of controlling from the regulation of breathing to your movements, from the regulation of temperature to the digestion to regulating temperature, from any physical activities to emotional respond. So, it is essential to strengthen the nervous system for getting a better life.
There are many problems occurring with the nervous system such as the shortage of required nutrients, the poor blood circulation, the side effects of drugs or other toxic substances, nerve dysfunction, compression or of the nerves and stress. And what matter the problem is, it also makes an effect to your life quality.
The symptoms of the unhealthy nervous system are mild or severe because they depend on each other’s problem. They may be a headache, concentrating difficulty, poor memory, a shortness of breath or excessive sweating. You may find the medical treatment later but instead of doing that, you can try on do-it-yourself remedies to prevent or treat your problem.
How To Strengthen Nervous System Health Naturally – 9 Ways
In this writing, VKool.com will show to you top 9 ways on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally without any side effect. This article listed the best methods to strengthen nervous system health from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally at home!
1. Supply Beneficial Foods
The best way on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally is to supply beneficial foods. This system requires a lot of nutrients including vitamins and minerals. And there are also some specific foods that effectively nourish and strengthen the nervous system, oatmeal, baker’s yeast and magnesium in the mention.
Oatmeal: Oatmeal is known as a delicious cereal and it also helps in stabilizing the nervous system. It increases your mental performance by easing anxiety, calming irritable states, relieving insomnia in both of adults and small children. Oatmeal supplies you energy for daily activities and helps you to feel healthy and relaxed anytime. You can cook it salty or sweet, or boil it with milk and a little cinnamon, or boil it with creamed vegetables. But the fastest and easiest way is drinking oatmeal “milk”.
Baker’s yeast: Baker’s yeast is also a good source of nutrients for your nervous system. Because of its B vitamins, it can help in improving cases of depression, stress, apathy, anxiety, or lack of appetite. Baker’s yeast can be eaten in powder form, or the mixture of juice or yogurt, even in tablet form that is sold on the market by some brands. And it will help you in assimilation if you take it with food together.
Magnesium is an excellent mineral for strengthening the nervous system. If your brain lacks in this mineral, you will have to face to a restriction of several neurotransmitters that aid in transmitting the signal between nerve cells. Besides that, it helps your body to produce serotonin, a factor is beneficial in relaxing the nervous system and boosting mood. Magnesium also promotes the relaxation of the muscle.
You can get magnesium from many kinds of food. These are some typical ones:
- Green leafy vegetables: Spinach, Swiss chard, lettuce.
- Fruit: Banana, plum, melon, apricot, etc.
- Cereal: Brown rice, oats, millet.
- Nuts: Cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.
- Cocoa: Dark chocolate with 500 mg of magnesium average per 3.5 ounces.
- Legumes: Lentils, peas, etc.
By another way, you can also take in the magnesium supplement, and remember your doctor to have a correct dosage.
2. Add Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are known as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), which are very important for the nervous system to develop and function its role. It is because omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial in the proper neuron functioning and improving nerve transmissions. So, adding these fatty acids to your nervous system is an effective way to keep it healthy and strong.
A study conducted in 2008 indicated the neurological usefulness of omega-3 fatty acids. They are really good at reducing the risk of acute neurological injury and neurodegenerative conditions. Therefore, adding omega-3 fatty acids can also be included in this list of 9 ways on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally!
There are 2 common ways for you to take in omega 3- fatty acids:
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 such as salmon, cauliflower, spinach, Brussels, canola oil, chia seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, sardines.
- Take in omega-3 with supplements according to the direction of your doctor.
Learn more: 23 Health benefits of omega-3 fatty acid
3. Supply Optimal Nutritional Support
Your brain, peripheral nerves and spinal cord and are covered by a layer of fat that is called myelin. This fat has a role in providing insulation to the nervous system and if you are lacking proper myelin or eroded, you may have to experience some symptoms of nerve dysfunction. They can be mentioned to muscle weakness, diminished vision, and inexplicable chronic pain.
To supply optical nutritional support to your nervous system, you have to ensure an adequate amount of healthy fats, and vitamin D and vitamin B12. They are all essential to keeping optimal myelin so that strengthen your nervous system health.
Plus, you have to make sure that your eyes are always healthy by relaxing them a few minutes after time concentrating on working. Enlarge your view and massage your eyes sometimes to prevent your brain from tired and not effective.
4. Breathe Deeply
Breathing deeply is always a simple but effective way to treat a weak nervous system. It is because this action can help you in reducing stress and relaxing. Moreover, it also counteracts the effects of anxiety and stress while improving your body’s healing abilities.
These are the steps you should follow:
- Sit or lie down in a suitable position and put your hands on the abdomen.
- Make a deep breathe with your nose so that your abdomen will be expanded and your lungs will be filled with air.
- Hold your breath for 3 seconds and then breathe it out slowly through your mouth so that your lungs will be completely empty.
- Continue to the deep inhaling and exhaling procedure for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy the deep breathing 2 or 3 times a day.
5. Walk On Barefoot
Walking barefoot on natural environment such as soft grass, sandy beach regularly is very good for your nervous system. You should spend 30 minutes a day walking on barefoot to ensure that your mind is fresh and your health is good. The reason is that when your foot contacts directly to the earth’s surface, the electrons from it will transfer into your body and promote physiological changes.
A study published in 2012 pointed out the benefits of walking barefoot such as heart rate variability, inflammation, improvement in blood viscosity, better sleep, cortisol dynamics, reduced stress level, and autonomic nervous system balance.
An advice is that you should walk barefoot on grass each morning to strengthen your nervous system.
6. Yoga And Mediation
You can make yoga and meditation as a part of your daily activities because this is also another way on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally at home. Yoga includes 3 elements, poses, meditation, and proper breathing practices, which helps in strengthening the peripheral nervous system. Plus, this exercise is beneficial in elevating mood, aiding the immune system, reducing cortisol level, and boosting your all physical as well as mental well-being.
There are some recommended yoga poses good for the nervous system like Viparita Dandasana (Inverted Staff Pose), Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose), Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose), Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand Pose), Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose), Viparita Karani (Legs-up-the-Wall Pose), Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose), and Shavasana (Corpse Pose). To have a good health and an ideal manner, you should learn a yoga pose from an expert and practice it regularly.
See more: How to combat anxiety attack naturally
7. Expose To The Sunlight
This is one of the simplest ways on how to strengthen nervous systems health naturally at home that you must do. Sunlight is known as a rich source of vitamin D that is necessary for your overall health and helps in regulating the nervous system in particular.
A study published in 2003 highlighted the relation between the shortage of vitamin D and the increased risk of the nervous system related diseases typically schizophrenia and multiple sclerosis.
Besides, another study conducted in 2009 indicated the role of vitamin D3 in the functioning of nervous system, particularly in aging and nervous system pathologies.
You should absorb the sunlight by 1 of 2 ways below:
- Expose your body to the early morning sunlightwhile not using any sunscreen. 10 to 15 minutes to expose a day is good for boosting your vitamin D levels.
- Get vitamin D from some kinds of food such as milk, eggs, salmon, tuna, or cereals that are rich in vitamin D. Besides, you can take some supplement after asking your doctor.
8. Manage Stress
Stress is one of the reasons leading to the decrease of the nervous system. So, to strengthen your health of nervous system, you should ease the symptoms of stress. There are some ways we want to recommend:
- Stop working and take a deep breath: It is the fastest way to boost the nervous system. Whenever you feel tired and annoyed, just stop working and relax. This action can help you in restoring calm and clearing thinking.
- Get physical activity: Taking some action such as taking a walk or going around… when you are stressed is an effective way to clear your head.
- Consume adaptogenic herbs: These herbs can help you mediate the output of stress hormones and bring you a fresh mind, relaxed and comfortable feeling.
- Pamper yourself: It is essential that you pamper yourself sometimes because the pleasurable experience, of course, is better for your body than a stressful one. Plus, this pleasure can enhance your health, fill your energy, and relax your mind. The compulsory thing is taking up your hobby or participating in some favorite activities, or having a massage…
9. Water Therapy
According to some research, water at different temperatures is good at balancing the nervous system. And there are some recommended therapies:
- Cool, wet rubs:Just by a very thin towel, you should follow the pattern: hand-shoulder, foot-groin, and torso. You have to firstly do this quickly a, and then dress warmly to turn into the heat.
- Alternate arms baths: Starting with putting your arms in the hot water, one at a time. It will take about 30 seconds for each one.
- End a bath with a cold shower may be very beneficial, but you need to avoid the head region.
- Magnesium sulfate baths are very relaxing and good for your nervous system.
If you want to know more about natural ways for many other diseases and conditions related to your skin and health, go to our main How to page. After reading the article of top 9 ways on how to strengthen nervous system health, hope that you can find out the best solutions to strengthen nervous system health naturally at home. Nevertheless, the article is just for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your expert to get advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question, or you know other good ways on how to strengthen nervous system health naturally, leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to train your brain to think positive for happiness
- Emotional and behavioral disorders – causes, symptoms, treatment
- 7 Home remedies for dizziness and vertigo!
- 9 Best healthy drinks for diabetics
- How to stay energized at work and during the holidays
- The bad breath report download review – does the ebook work?
- Children learning reading review – does this course work?
- How to make better decisions in life and at work