When the patients get diagnosed with bacterial infection, the doctor will treat it with antibiotics, the common treatment. And the relief will only be achieved when you complete the course. A variety of bacteria can affect any parts of your body. Because it is the common disease, you may experience once during your life. Although the common treatment of bacterial infection is antibiotics, the good news is that there are several strong home remedies and natural solutions on how to treat bacterial infection naturally without antibiotics. These treatments will help you treat the mild to moderate infection.
I. How To Treat Bacterial Infection Naturally Without Antibiotics – The Effective Home Remedies & Natural Solutions You Should Know.
Bacteria are single-cell organisms and their size is microscopic. The world has thousands of various kinds of bacteria living in favorable and conceivable environment such as seawater, soil or under the earth’s crust. Some bacteria also exist in radioactive waste. Many kinds of bacteria can live in people and animal’s body such as on the skin, in the digestive, airways, reproductive, mouth and urinary tracts. However, they do not cause any problems. Such bacteria called microbiome or resident flora is good and helpful for people because they help people to digest foods easily and keep your body against bad and dangerous bacteria. Several bacteria which are called pathogens can harm your health and cause disease. Bacterial infection is contagious; therefore, it can spread from person to person by contact with patients, touching the contaminated surfaces, water, food, sneezing or coughing. Bacteria can cause acute infection which can be treated fast, chronic infection which can last for a long time even for a life and latent infection which do not show any signs or symptoms at first but can naturally develop over time. This disease’s symptoms can vary from mild, moderate, to severe. In the severe cases, this disease will cause death for millions of people; for example, many people died due to the Black Death or bubonic plague. The symptoms of bacterial infection include vomiting, fever, cramping, diarrhea, coughing, inflammation, fatigue and sneezing. Although antibiotics are the most common treatment of bacterial infection, it is said that it can cause many serious problems. Fortunately, there are many home remedies and alternative solutions on how to treat bacterial naturally without antibiotics. If you concern, please read this article on VKool.com to know how to treat bacterial infection.
2. Tea Tree Oil
4. Aloe Vera
This is actually a wonderful cure that can help people treat urinary tract and vaginal infections. Cranberry juice could be used safely even by women who are pregnant for curing bacterial infections. Fresh cranberry juice that is not sweetened and canned could take many times throughout the day to fight against the harmful bacteria inside our body.Cranberry juice is one of the best remedies to cure bacterial infections that you should try out! Click To Tweet
This powerful essential oil is well-known for anti-viral rather than antibacterial. Nevertheless, it is quite useful in fighting against a wide range of vaginal and skin infections triggered by bacteria. Tea tree oil could be applied onto our skin directly or smeared inside your vaginal canal to help destroy bacterial activities. It always needs to be adequately diluted to avoid the chances of skin burning. As this essential oil is very potent, it could be used for curing and controlling even a chronic infection but does not cause any harmful side effect.
Good bacteria live in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract of humans and play a crucial role in our immunity and digestion. Most people know that it would be great to consume yogurt after completing a course of antibiotics for repopulating the GI tract with useful bacteria which were wiped out from the antibiotics.
Some research have revealed that probiotics could help a lot in shortening the duration of infectious diarrhea. They might also help in reducing the risks of having diarrheal illness triggered by the antibiotic use. Probiotics are considered to reduce bloating, gas, as well as abdominal pain associated with IBS – the irritable bowel syndrome. Ongoing study seeks to determine the dosages and types of bacteria that are among the best ones to our health.
Because of anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, aloe vera is considered as agood way on how to treat bacterial infection naturally. Moreover, aloe vera has healing and medicine properties, it also helps you to cool the effects of bacterial infection and boost your immunity. Not only does aloe vera treat bacterial infection but the aloe gel extracted from the aloe plant also cures other diseases such as internal infection, urinary tract or vaginal infection. You can utilize the aloe vera as the good treatment on how to treat bacterial infection by applying the gel on the affected skin. Leave it for a few minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Another way you can try is consuming aloe vera juice which has the same benefit.
The reason why probiotics are considered as the excellent remedy on how to treat bacterial infection may be that probiotics increase the good bacteria and decrease the amount of bad bacteria. Moreover, it boosts your immune systems; therefore, your body is able to fight against the bad bacteria. It is recommended eating two cups of fresh yogurt every day in order to kill bad bacteria. In addition to, you can take probiotics as the form of supplements. Many evidence proved that probiotics are effective in treating bacterial skin infection, bacterial vaginosis, stomach, and intestine infection. Therefore, you should not ignore this tip on how to treat bacterial infection.
Garlic is available in every kitchen and it is the excellent home remedies to treat a lot of fungal and bacterial infection. I would like to suggest that the good way how to treat bacterial infection is eating 4-5 cloves of garlic per day. Moreover, it is also good for your digestive system. There are different ways for you to consume garlic. You can chew and swallow it. Another way is taking garlic in the form of capsules. However, this way may be less effective than chewing garlic directly. Moreover, garlic tea is also recommended as the herbal remedy on how to treat bacterial infection. You should add some cloves in the boiling water and steep for a few minutes before sipping the garlic tea.
If you want to look for the ways on how to treat bacterial infection, you should not skip ginger which is effective in treating stomach infection and respiratory infection. It will cool your body and boost your blood circulation. As a result, ginger will help to reduce the amount of bad bacteria in your body. In order to treat respiratory infection, it is recommended drinking ginger tea 3-4 times during a day. Moreover, you can massage your affected skin. By boosting the blood circulation, this way will help you reduce the pain caused by bacterial infection.
Honey not only treats respiratory and skin infection which is caused by bacteria but also cools the affected areas. You can drink organic honey along with a glass of warm water to soothe and reduce the sore, irritated throat caused by cough. If you have open wound, scratches or cuts on the skin, the good way to prevent any bad bacteria from entering through the wound is applying honey on the affected areas as the initial treatment.
By regulating the PH balance of your body and skin, baking soda can treat many infections due to bacteria such as respiratory infection, bacterial skin infection, and intestinal tract infection. Moreover, when you mix a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water, it can help to treat respiratory infections and stomach infection. Another way to use baking soda on how to treat bacterial infection is pouring a cup of baking soda into a tub of warm water. This treatment can be used daily as a rinsing and soaking agent.
Lemon is another home remedy that treats many infections caused by bacteria, especially respiratory infection. Lemon can help to remove the mucus accumulated in the respiratory tract. Moreover, drinking lemon juice also gets rid of the bacteria trapped in the mucous.
All people know that turmeric is the excellent treatment for cancerous tumours. The possible reason may be that curcumin in turmeric has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Moreover, using turmeric paste which is made from ground turmeric can be effective in treating bacterial skin infections. You should apply this paste on the affected areas in order to soothe the effects. Finally, after a few minutes, wash off with the warm water.
Because apple cider vinegar contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, this vinegar will regulate the PH balance in your skin and body. Moreover, it prevents the bad bacteria from spreading in the affected areas. You should dilute the apple cider vinegar in the warm water and apply this solution on the affected skin. This treatment on how to treat bacterial infection should be repeated several times until you get the satisfactory result.
II. How To Treat Bacterial Infection – The Best Methods To Apply
Bacterial infections could range from mild to moderate and even severe situations, and some might even cause harms and thread your life. These conditions could affect gastrointestinal tract, our skin, our blood, or any organ inside our body. The numbers of those acquiring an antibiotic resistant bacteria increase year by year, and the numbers of deaths from these infectious ailments are also increasing.Therefore, it is important to learn how to treat bacterial infection. If you think that you might be suffering from a bacterial infection, it is necessary for you to seek medical attention immediately to get cured on time. By making use of some simple strategies and modifying some simple habits, every could reduce their risks of developing a bacterial infection without facing any difficulty at all.
1. Disinfect Home And Work
Use a product which uses the word “disinfectant” for cleaning every surface that could be routinely used. Products which destroy germs have received an official number of registrations and are registered with the EPA – Environmental Protection Agency.
2. Use Common Sense In Handling Animals
Avoid exposure to every wild animal, which could carry harmful bacteria that are not good for human health. Household pets can also carry harmful bacteria, and it is necessary for parents to keep their eye on the children when they are exposed to any animal or pet. Washing hands after having pet exposures is suggested by the CDC (saliva exposure is especially harmful). Do not let the kids place their mouth on pets. When small kids are also in the home, parents should also keep animal toys outdoor, not inside the house. Disinfect animal water and food dishes when the pet’s foods are prepared every day.
3. Wash Your Hands Often
Our hands are exposed to billions of bacteria, both healthy and harmful ones, from the surfaces of furniture inside our house and at work offices. Bacteria could be thriving on coins, other animals and humans. After touching any bodily fluid, people should wash hands regularly with soap and warm water, or an alcohol gel for hands, after exposure to soil and dirt, after touching an injury of any kind, after touching animals, and before and after using the restroom. Remember to wash your hands more regularly when exposed to ill people at work or home.
4. Use Good Technique To Wash Your Hands
Good technique of hand washing would help to make sure that we would get our hands as clean as possible. To wash your hands, you can use warm water and an antibacterial soap. Here are the steps people who need to follow exactly to get the right-hand washing technique:
- Get your hands wet and then use a dollop of soap for lathering up the hands. Rub them together for twenty seconds at least. Using friction would help to kill bacteria on the two hands.
- Remember to clean between your fingers and under your nails as well.
- Then, use warm running water to rinse the soap off of the hands and use a clean towel to dry your hands well.
- If you do not have a timer, you could try singing “Happy Birthday” from beginning to end two times and this would take about twenty seconds.
5. Steer Clear Of Anybody Who Seems Sick
You cannot know exactly when someone just experienced a common cold or something even more severe. Thus, it would be most effective for you to avoid getting too close to those looking sick. You should not touch people who you know have an infectious problem, have a flu, a common cold, or who tell you that he/she has a contagious sickness.
6. Clean High-Traffic Objects In The Office And At Home
People could be able to reduce the number of bacteria in their environment just by trying to keep some objects clean. High-traffic objects are those that people and any other member of their household often handle, like the toilet handles, bathroom sinks, door knobs, and telephone. Remember to use a disinfectant wipe for cleaning these objects once per week for good.
7. Learn More About Harmful Intestinal Bacteria
There are a lot of bacteria which could be able to grow in the intestinal tract and can lead to a mild to severe or even life-threatening disease. These bacteria include botulism, e. Coli, listeria, shigella, salmonella, and campylobacter. Each can lead to an unique set of signs which your physician could diagnose and cure, but it is best for us to find out how to treat bacterial infection.
8. Be Informed About Foods & Water Recalls
Sometimes water and foods might become contaminated, so it is crucial to stay informed to avoid contaminated ingestion water or foods.
- Listen to the news for food recoveries: Contamination is a common issue, so it is necessary and essential for people to stay informed. If people know that a certain type of foods has been recovered, dispose of any type of food among those hats you have at home and if you consumed any of these foods before listening about the food recovery, seek for medical attention right away.
- Listen to the news in your locality to get sufficient information if it is found that there is contamination in the water supply at your locality. If you find out that the water supply of your locality is contaminated, buy and cook/drink bottled water and refrain from having bath till your water supply becomes safe again.
9. How To Treat Bacterial Infection – Watch For Botulism
- Avoid consuming anything that releases a foul smell or of the cans looks bloated. These are symptoms of botulism – a very harmful bacteria that can cause dangers to human health. If consumed, botulism can even lead to risks of death. Foodborne botulism is well-known to be associated with homemade canned food items that contain low levels of acids, including corn, beets, green beans, and asparagus. When canning your own foods at home, remember to follow strict canning procedures.
- Do not let your children consume honey if they are under 12 months of age. It could contain a strain of botulism well-known to trigger infant botulism.
10. Practice Proper Food Storage
Store frozen foods at zero degrees or below and store refrigerated foods at forty degrees Fahrenheit. Frozen and refrigerated foods should not be left out for over 2 hours. If this occurs, discard the foods.
11. Wash & Cook Food Well
Washing and cooking your foods thoroughly could also help a lot in preventing any dangerous bacteria from getting into the body system. Wash all vegetables and fruits before eating them and cook animal products thoroughly to help kill off any dangerous bacteria that maybe contained in the foods.
- Avoid consuming undercooked or raw meat, eggs, and poultry.
- Never even think about crossing contaminate your foods by using the same utensils for eggs or raw meat and fresh vegetables and fruits till those utensils have been washed thoroughly. Ensure that you would also clean counter tops, cutting boards, and sinks thoroughly after processing these items because contaminated surfaces are usually blamed for cross-contamination.
12. Practice Sound Food Preparation Safety
You should wash your hands carefully before, during, and after you prepare the foods, particularly when cooking seafood, eggs, poultry, and beef. Do not reuse the plates that you used to prepare these items. Disinfect every surface in the kitchen, all cutting boards and tools. Never thaw food items on the countertop, eat foods that have passed its expiration date, or consume uncooked or raw foods.
Remember not to self-medicate with antibiotics. These drugs are the last line of defense that helps to beat off bacteria, and using leftover antibiotics (particularly when not actually necessary to treat a disease) can give harmful bacteria the ability to develop a resistance to the drugs and medications. Remember to strictly follow the instruction and caution of your medical practitioner.
III. How To Treat Bacterial Infection – Prevent Physical Bacterial Infections
1. Learn How To Reduce Your Risks Of Having Sepsis
Sepsis, or Septicemia is an uncontrolled blood bacterial infection. As the bacteria are growing in our blood, it could also infect other organ systems inside our body, including the liver, pancreas, kidneys, and spleen.
- Different types of infectious problems can lead to sepsis, including those on the abdomen, urinary tract, lungs, skin, or it could be a primary infectious issue inside the blood.
- Someone is at higher risks of having this disease, such as those having a weakened immune system, kids, infants, and elderly people, those having chronic illnesses, like HIV/AIDS, liver disease, cancer, and diabetes, or those have suffered from a serious burn or severe physical trauma. Take extra precautions if you are at high risks of the disease.
- People can help a lot in preventing sepsis themselves through inhibiting other primary bacterial infectious issues, trying to boost the immune system, as well as taking care of any chronic issue.
2. Protect Yourself From Bacterial Meningitis
Bacterial infectious diseases could also influence our brain. During the time period of 2003 – 2007, there were 4,100 situations of bacterial meningitis every year, leading to 500 deaths. Antibiotic cures can help a lot in improving survival rates, decreasing the risks of dying due to meningitis to under 15%, but using vaccination for prevention would work best. Follow exactly the steps below to decrease your own risks of contracting bacterial meningitis:
- Often keep your hands clean.
- Do not share toothbrushes, lip balms, eating utensils, drinks, with others.
- Promote a good immunity by getting at least 7 – 8 hours of sleep every night, drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day, spending half an hour doing exercises each day, following a well-balanced diet, and taking a multivitamin as needed.
- Consider using vaccine to fight against bacterial meningitis. Some types of bacterial meningitis could be prevented effectively using vaccinations. Consult a doctor about getting vaccinated to protect your body from bacterial infection.
- Bacterial meningitis could be spread through airborne droplets. Therefore, if people know anyone who is suffering from bacterial meningitis, it would be best for them to avoid having close contacts, and to wear a facemask.
3. Keep Ear Hygiene Well To Prevent Swimmer’s Ear
This is an infectious issue in the outer canal of the ears caused by water remaining in the outer ear – the thing that creates a moist, warm environment for the development of bacteria. This is also well-known as otitis externa or acute external otitis. To lower the risks of having swimmer’s ear, people should follow these tips on how to treat bacterial infection:
- After bathing and swimming, always remember to keep your ears dry
- Use a soft cloth or towel to dry the outer ear. Tip your head to a certain side of the outer ear and then the other to get water drained out.
- Use a hair dryer to dry the ear canal on the lowest setting and holding it 1 foot from the head at least.
- Don’t put foreign objects in your ear like hairpins, paper clips, and cotton swabs.
- Put cotton balls in your ears when applying irritating products like hair dyes and hair sprays.
4. Reduce Your Child’s Risks Of Having An Ear Infection
Small kids would be more prone to internal ear infectious issues, which are painful and could even contribute to several health issues. You might be able to reduce the risks of developing a middle ear infectious issue for your kids just by following some easy tips on how to treat bacterial infection as follow:
- Reduce the exposure of your kids to other kids who seems get infected. Always help your child to keep his/her hands washed thoroughly and clean because small kids usually like putting their hands in the mouths.
- Do not allow your kid to drink from a bottle while she or he is lying down. Due to the structure of the tube and ears which could drain the middle ears, lying down while drinking can increase the risks of developing an ear infectious issue noticeably.
- Breastfeed your kids when they are infants if possible. Breast-feeding can help a lot in promoting the immune system of infants, which can help to reduce the risks of ear infectious issue.
- Don’t smoke at home or when your kids are around you. Ear infection is more common in those kids exposed to “secondhand smoke”.
5. Do What You Could Do To Lower Your Risks Of Having Pneumonia
If you are at risks of getting pneumonia, you should try all things that you could to protect your own body and health. Here is something you can do at home to prevent the risks of pneumonia.
- Take care of your own body’s entire health as pneumonia could be associated with other respiratory infectious issues.
- Aspiration pneumonia could happen when liquids or foods are swallowed down to the improper Do not feed someone who is not sitting upright or consume foods yourself in the prone position.
- Keep your hand always far away from your own nose and
- After blowing the nose, remember to wash your hands. You should also wash your hands after caring for sick people, going to the bathroom, or before preparing meals or eating your foods.
- Discontinue your use of products made from tobacco, particularly cigarettes
- If you are an adult people and you are at risk, then you should get vaccinated against pneumococcal pneumonia
- Get a flu shot on a yearly basis.
6. Reduce Your Risks Of Having Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a lung infection which could be triggered by fungi, viruses, or bacteria. This infection is very serious and can cause death. Some groups of people are at higher risk of developing pneumonia and should practice preventative measures carefully. Take some more precautions how to treat bacterial infection if you:
- Have weakened immunity from an underlying medical ailment or due to the use of medication.
- Have recently suffered from a physical trauma or surgery
- Have other severe medical ailments like diabetes, liver cirrhosis, or heart disease
- Have chronic lung diseases like bronchiectasis, COPD, and cystic fibrosis.
- Have a medical disease which could impair the ability to swallow, including a Parkinson’s disease, dementia, or stroke.
- Have recently suffered from a respiratory infectious issue, including laryngitis, a cold, or a flu
- Use tobacco products, such as smoking cigarettes.
7. Protect Yourself From Pharyngitis
Infections caused by bacteria inside the throat are well-known as pharyngitis. This may refer to the infection and the inflammation of the pharynx, or inside the throat’s back. There are some concrete strategies that people could make use to get rid of the potential risk of having a throat infection.
- By keeping a body temperature that is less hospitable to the development of viruses and bacteria, keep your neck warm using a scarf in cold weather days to protect your body
- If your home air is dry, use a humidifier.
- Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke and do not smoke.
- Avoid sharing eating utensils or kissing someone who is suffering from mononucleosis, a cold, a flu, or a well-known bacterial infectious problem.
- Dispose of every used tissue immediately.
- Use hot soapy water to wash well every toy that a toddler who is suffering from pharyngitis has been playing with and then dry thoroughly.
- Avoid sharing drinking or eating utensils with kids or with adults who appear to have a sore throat or a throat infection. Keep the utensils of a sick person far from the rest and use soapy, hot water to rinse them careful
- After blowing the nose of your own after or caring for a kid suffering from a sore throat and/or a runny nose, wash your hands
- After having been in public or have been around those having upper respiratory ailments, wash your hands thoroughly.
8. Take Steps To Lower Your Risks Of Having Vaginitis
Vulvovaginitis and vaginitis are the medical terms describing a vagina inflammation or/and vulva triggered by viruses, bacteria, or chemical irritants contained in lotions, soaps, and creams. Bacterial vaginosis is often the results of usual bacteria in the vagina that grows at abnormal rates. Here are some simple steps people could take to lower the risks of having vaginitis.
- Avoid smoking as it could be associated with high risks of having a bacterial infectious issue within your vaginal area.
- Limit yourself to a single sex partner. People having more than one sex partner is at a higher risk of having bacterial vaginosis.
- Avoid douching. Douching can change the pH level of the environment in the vaginal area and increase the risks of a bacterial infectious issue.
These are home remedies and natural solutions on how to treat bacterial infection naturally without antibiotics. I hope that you will find these tips and home remedies effective and helpful. If you have any questions to ask, please raise your voice by leaving your comments bellow. I am glad for your contribution.
Related articles on how to treat bacterial infection:
Another thing that we want you and my other readers to do after reading this entire article is to spend time reading the Bacterial Vaginosis Freedom Review. This is actually an interesting article, so you should read it and make use of it reveals if you are suffering from this terrible bacterial issue and really want to escape from it. This is actually an entire review that introduces a great product – an e-book providing the best treatments for bacterial vaginosis. In fact, these tips have been proven good by scientists and many former patients. Therefore, readers of VKool.com should not worry if they are suffering from this bacterial issue – just read the review, try the e-book, and be free from the ailment once and for all.
After you read this entire article, if you like it, share it with your friends who have trouble with their health as we mentioned above. We hope that this article will help you know more about your health condition and also the treatment.
Remember to share your thoughts with us by dropping your words below. We will feedback soon!
Some related articles about bacterial infections and how to overcome them right at your own home naturally: