The tongue is a vital organ in the body. It helps you to swallow, talk, and to taste food as well. A healthy tongue means that it’s pink in color. When bacteria, dead cells, and debris get lodged between the enlarged and even inflamed papillae, the white tongue appears. The main causes of the white tongue are dry mouth, excess use of alcohol, smoking, dehydration, illness, bad oral hygiene, oral thrush, and environmental irritants, etc. So do you want the ways on how to get rid of white tongue naturally? This article at VKool.com will give you an ideal answer to this question.
12 Ways On How To Get Rid Of White Tongue Fast Naturally
Using salt not only helps remove a white coated tongue but also keeps your mouth clean and healthy. Click To Tweet The coarse nature of salt acts as one natural tongue scraper for alleviating dead cells and debris as well. In addition, salt also contains the antiseptic property that aids to fight off bacteria causing bad breath. Here are two ways how to get rid of white tongue naturally with salt:
Method 1: Salt Water Gargle
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 glass of warm water
- Take a glass that is filled with warm water. Next, add 1 teaspoon of salt to it.
- Now use this salt water to gargle thoroughly and later spit it out.
- Follow this two to three times a day until the white tongue eliminates.
Method 2: Brush with Salt
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 toothbrush
- You just need to spread about 1 teaspoon of salt on your white tongue.
- Now gently scrub the affected area using a toothbrush for around one minute.
- After this, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Follow this activity twice a day till this condition fades away completely.
2. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera contains the healing and anti-inflammatory properties that cure various oral problems consisting of the white tongue. Being an antimicrobial, this plant aids to kill bacteria which result in white on the tongue. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to get rid of white tongue with aloe vera:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice
- Put 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera juice in your mouth. Next, swish it in the mouth for a few minutes and later spit it out.
- After this, drink 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice.
- Do this procedure twice or thrice a day for two weeks to get rid of the white spot on tongue completely.
As all we know, yogurt comprises of probiotic property that can be extremely useful to kill candida fungus. The candida fungus is considered as one of the main causes of white tongue. How to get rid of white tongue with yogurt? Follow these steps below:
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- All you need to do is apply about 2 tbsp of yogurt on the tongue at night prior to going to sleep. Keep it on for overnight.
- It is advisable to follow this process frequently to remove white patches on the tongue.
- Alternatively, you can eat a half bowl of yogurt daily to get a harmful and healthy bacteria free tongue.
4. Vegetable Glycerin
Using vegetable glycerin for the white tongue is also a popular remedy. Vegetable glycerin helps remove bad breath. Also, it soothes your tongue and helps in teeth whitening. The method is:
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
- 1 soft bristle toothbrush
- Take 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin and put it on your tongue.
- Then, brush your tongue lightly using a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- After this, wash your mouth properly with using warm water.
- Follow this process two times a day for best results.
Turmeric is also considered as one of the most effective remedies for white tongue removal. It prevents the growth of bacterial on your tongue due to its powerful antibacterial properties. How to get rid of white tongue with turmeric? Here are two methods for you to follow:
Method 1: Gargle with Turmeric Solution
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 glass of water
- The first step is to add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in one glass of water.
- Now gargle with this solution once to twice a day.
- You should follow this procedure frequently till your white spots on tongue fade away completely.
Method 2: Turmeric with Lemon
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with one tablespoon of lemon juice to make a paste.
- Now rub this paste on the coated tongue for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Follow this process every day till the natural pink color of your tongue comes back.
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Turmeric For Humans
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps to destroy residue getting stuck on the tongue due to its exfoliating nature. Besides, baking soda maintains good PH levels in your mouth thanks to neutralizing acids. Here are two ways to use it:
Method 1: Baking Soda Mouth Wash
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 glass of water
- Take one glass of water and mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda in it.
- Now rinse your mouth with this solution.
- Follow the activity at least twice a day to cure white tongue.
Method 2: Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 toothbrush
- Mix baking soda (1 tsp) with lemon juice (2 tbsp) to make a paste.
- Next, take one toothbrush and then, brush your tongue by using this paste.
- Finally, wash your mouth by using water.
- Follow this activity once per day to completely eliminate white spots on tongue.
7. Oil Pulling
Basically, oil pulling is also one of the best remedies for white tongue removal. Oil pulling helps to remove yeast from your oral thrush. Moreover, it also removes toxins from your body. The method is:
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil
- Put the extra-virgin coconut oil in your mouth prior to you brush your teeth.
- Now move it around in the mouth as well as below the tongue and between your teeth.
- Follow this procedure for around fifteen minutes or till the coconut oil turns milky in color.
- Then, spit this oil out and use warm water to wash your mouth.
- It is recommended to follow this remedy once per day for a good oral health and a healthy tongue too.
8. Tea Tree Oil
One of the most excellent herbal remedies for treating white tongue is using tea tree oil. The oil is loaded with antiviral, anti-fungal and antibacterial characteristics that treat thrush on tongue effectively. How to get rid of white tongue with tea tree oil? The method is:
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil
- 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Take a glass that is filled with lukewarm water. Next, mix tea tree oil (1 tsp) in it.
- Move this solution around your mouth for about two to three minutes and later spit it out.
- Follow this activity twice or thrice a day to eliminate white patches on tongue.
Neem is also a popular natural remedy for curing various ailments consisting of the white tongue. Neem assists in removing yeast, fungus and bacteria from your mouth due to its antibacterial and antifungal agents. Being an excellent blood purifier, it helps to remove toxins from your body. The method is:
- 1 tablespoon of neem leaves (dried)
- 1 cup of water
- Take a cup of water and next put dried neem leaves (1 tbsp) in it. Then, bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil till this mixture is reduced to about ½.
- Allow it to cool and afterwards, gargle with this mixture.
- Finally, rinse your mouth with the help of warm water.
- Repeat this process 2 times per day for a few weeks to remove a white tongue.
10. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide also cures white tongue efficiently. Hydrogen peroxide has the powerful antibacterial agent that helps destroy bacteria accumulated on the tongue’s surface.
- ¼ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 glass of water
- 1 soft toothbrush
- Take one glass of water and next mix ¼ teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in it.
- Now dip a soft toothbrush into the mixture.
- Then, gently scrape your tongue with this toothbrush.
- After this, spit out this mixture and finally, wash your mouth properly by using water.
- Repeat this procedure once per day for three-four days to get complete cure from white tongue problem.
11. Colloidal Silver
Colloidal silver contains natural antibiotic, antifungal and antimicrobial properties that make it become a great remedy for treating white coated tongue. It can also remove bad breath well. How to get rid of white tongue with colloidal silver? Here are detailed guides:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of colloidal silver
- ¼ cup of water
- All you need to do is dilute colloidal silver (3 to 4 tbsp) in water (¼ cup).
- Now put this solution in the mouth and then, swish it around for three to five minutes.
- After this, spit out this solution and use warm water to rinse your mouth.
- Follow this process 2 to 3 times per day to alleviate the white coated tongue completely.
Using probiotics are also a good remedy for removing a white tongue caused due to the candida fungus growth. Probiotics have B. lactis and L. acidophilus cultures, which help curb the growth of fungi and bacteria in the mouth. For this, follow these steps below:
- Powder of one probiotic capsule
- Combine the powder of a probiotic capsule with some water.
- Brush your teeth as normal and later use the solution as one mouthwash, swishing as well as swallowing.
- Then, consume a glass of water. Follow this treatment once every day for a week.
- Alternatively, you can also take probiotic supplements about 3 times a day.
Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, you should follow some healthy tips below to prevent and treat a white coated tongue:
- To keep the tongue clean as well as prevent food deposits on the surface of your tongue, you should drink enough water.
- Eat crunchy vegetables and fruits like apples, guavas, strawberries, carrots and others to cleanse a white-coated tongue naturally.
- Gargle with warm water regularly.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Stop smoking as it can discolor your tongue and leave one coating.
- Last but not least, avoid sugary foods and dairy products that create mucus and coat the tongue as well.
You can go to our main How To page in order to get more information linked to helpful tips and natural remedies for caring for your teeth in particular and your health, beauty in general.
All the above-mentioned natural remedies how to get rid of white tongue fast are tested & tried and can treat the white tongue issue completely. However, if your condition lasts more than two weeks and also is accompanied by inflammation and pain, you should visit a doctor immediately.