Medically, anal itching is called pruritus ani, which is a common problem that you can eliminate it at home. The primary cause of anal itching is skin irritation. You will have a higher risk of anal itching if you suffer from seepage, diarrhea, age, hemorrhoids, etc. Also, poor hygiene can cause anal itching. So in this article, VKool.com will show you top 25 natural home remedies for anal itching. The writing is for informational purpose only, so you should ask your doctor before applying those remedies, or you should go see him if the problem is not reduced.
Here are the Top 25 Natural Home Remedies For Anal Itching You Should Know
Some signs of anal itching are burning, soreness, irritation, redness around the anus and you feel itching after a bowel movement. Here are top 25 home remedies for anal itching you are seeking for:
6. Ice Packs
11. Keep Moving
13. Wear Underwear
14. Avoid Scratching
15. Diet Control
17. Coconut Oil
20. Aloe Vera
22. Epsom Salt
24. Get Fiber Foods
One of the best natural home remedies for anal itching is ghee. The powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties in ghee help to soothe the irritated membranes. In addition, these properties also aid in reducing the swelling in your inflamed blood vessels as well as treating any infection.
- Firstly, slightly warm 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- Then, gently rub the warm ghee in and around your anus with your index finger.
- Do this process for a few minutes.
- Remember to rinse your hands thoroughly with a mild soap and clean water after rubbing the ghee.
- Repeat this method every several hours to get relief from the itching.
This is one of the quickest home remedies for anal itching and is widely recommended by many gastroenterologists. When you have a sensation of irritation, carefully apply the petroleum jelly to the area to get relief from it immediately. It will create a lubricated layer in your anal area, which reduces the friction and irritation. In addition, it will also bring back a cooling sensation for relieving the burning sensation that often accompanies with anal itching.
You should apply a little petroleum jelly to your anal area for 2 times per day.
Note: If you are finding a permanent treatment, you ought to follow other natural home remedies for anal itching in this post!
Learn more: 10 Natural Home Remedies For Anal Fissures
Psyllium husks are another in natural home remedies for anal itching because they help to treat constipation that often causes the itching sensation in your anal area. In addition, they can also cleanse the bowel and remove all the harmful bacteria causing the solid stool and thus prevent the feeling of itching in your anus.
- At first, take 1 tablespoon of psyllium husks and 1 glass of hot milk.
- Then, mix them well.
- Finally, drink the milk to treat constipation and prevent the anal itching.
- Or, you may also mix 1 tablespoon of psyllium husks in 1 cup of curd. Then, you consume this mixture for 2 times daily to treat diarrhea.
You should avoid using steroids cream on the sensitive areas of your skin because it can cause damage to your skin. These creams can make your skin thinner, which will result in the broken or cracked skin. If you do not consult a doctor, you should not use Hydrocortisone cream for more than 7 to 10 days. Do not use steroid creams for young children under 2 years old without the prescription of a doctor because it may be dangerous for the health of a child. If you have open wounds or broken skin near your anal area, you can easily get infections. In addition, severe inflammation can be very itchy and irritating. If the problem becomes more serious, you should consult a doctor to protect your health.
If you want to draw out all the harmful toxins and the germs from your gastrointestinal tract, remember to drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. This will also help you to relief from the itching and soreness in your anus.
It is also important for you to keep your anus clean and rinse this area thoroughly with plain water after passing the stool to keep it free from the bacteria and the traces of feces.
Learn more: 10 Home Remedies For Vaginal Itching
Using ice packs is one of the effective home remedies for anal itching that you should give a try. This treatment is very useful for acutely inflamed hemorrhoids that can cause the feeling of itching in the anus.
- Firstly, add some ice cubes to a zip lock bag.
- Then, apply this ice pack to your anal area after every 10 to 15 minutes.
- You should do this way for 5 times per day.
- Another option, you may also try freezing water in ice-pop molds.
Reducing or managing the levels of stress is one of other easy home remedies for anal itching. It not only gives you relief from the itching but also helps for your mental health. In fact, stress and chronic anxiety may have an effect on the hormones in your body. As a result, your nerve endings will be impacted in various ways. Although people have not known the exact mechanism between the stress and anal itching, they have been an indirect association.
If you want to discover more natural home remedies for anal itching, stay with us for our next tips!
In fact, you skin can get delicate if you only wipe off your anal area after bowel movements. As a result, your skin will become more irritated. Therefore, you should wipe off this area regularly to get a tougher skin. In addition, ensure that there are the traces of stool on your toilet paper after wiping off your anus. If your anus is not wiped well, you may get severe itching and redness in this area. Moreover, if you leave any fecal matter on your skin, it can lead to infection or bad odor. Hence, you should wipe off your anus after taking a shower and after bowel movements, which will give the toughness or durability to the sensitive skin. And this keeps you free from the inflammation.
Apart from wiping your anus, you should also clean this area with mild soap or plain water after bowel movements. You can use moist cotton pads or a squeeze bottle of clean water. Never scrub it because this can irritate your skin.
When you travel by air, you should bring an empty squeeze bottle so that you can fill it with water in bathrooms.
You should avoid using perfumed or deodorized soaps on your anal area. In most cases, these soaps directly make your sensitive skin more irritated. When it comes to tips and natural home remedies for anal itching, a good choice is always unscented soaps. The sensitive skin of this area is more susceptible to the side reactions for the chemically altered and processed soaps that contribute to the good scent.
Make sure that you always pat your bottom dry because a wet bottom also irritates your anus. As you know, an irritated anus will lead to anal itching. To keep it dry, you can also apply baby powder to this area or a cotton ball, a towel, or toilet paper.
Or, you may also use a hair dryer that is set on low to dry this area. In addition, using unmedicated talc powder is also a good choice to dry your bottom. Avoid using cornstarch powder because it can promote the growth of bacteria.
Another option for home remedies for anal itching, you may place a dry or moistened cotton ball on your anus to help to absorb the moisture. Always remember to replace it when needed.
When you put a constant pressure on your anal area, it can lead to a natural accumulation of sweat or moisture in this area. In addition, if you combine this thing with the sitting for hours to work or relax at a time, it will cause the clothes to stick to this area and the skin becomes inflamed or irritated. Therefore, if you are having a sedentary lifestyle, you should stand up and walk around for every few hours. Keep moving around so that there is more blood flow to the skin of your anal area.
In fact, dry toilet paper is not possible to wipe off all of the traces of stool after bowel movements. You should make it damp slightly before using it to wipe off your anal area. In many cases, there will be still some sticky stool residue in your anal area although you have wiped it off many times. In these cases, only damp toilet paper is better and more effective in reducing the risk of anal itching. However, after using wet toilet paper, you should also wipe it off with dry paper as a final time to reduce the excess moisture in this area.
It is important for you to always wear underwear. The layer of soft and non-irritating fabric between the anus and the harsher material of your pants helps to reduce the risk of anal itching.
In addition, this also aids in keeping the area dry. You should avoid wearing pantyhose and other tight fitting clothes because they can cause the moisture in this area. This is another cause of anal itching.
Although scratching can give you instant relief from the anal itching, you should avoid scratching at all costs. This is because the scratching will make the skin in the anal area irritated and result in persistent inflammation. Instead, you should sit on a cold compress or take a cold shower or bath to rinse this area thoroughly. This helps to reduce the inflammation that results in the undeniable itchy sensation.
Another option among home remedies for anal itching, you may trim your nails and wear a pair of cotton gloves when you are sleeping to aid in preventing the scratching.
Controlling your daily diet is also one of the effective home remedies for anal itching. In this case, you should avoid liquor, beer, soda, and beverages and foods that are rich in vitamin C. In addition, you should also avoid consuming spicy foods. Avoid them for about 2 weeks, and then eat these foods again gradually. When you begin consuming these foods again, notice to what foods and drinks may cause itching. If you find ovoine specific food result in a flare-up of itching, you may be allergic to it. Therefore, you should avoid eating that food in the future, or take precautions against it whenever you eat it.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most useful home remedies for anal itching. Using the ingredient to treat the problem at home, you can alkalize your body, control the infection, and reduce itching very well. Here is the way to treat anal itching with apple cider vinegar:
- Method 1:
- Combine a cup of water with some tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink the liquid twice every day.
- Method 2:
- The second option you can choose is to add a glass of apple cider vinegar into a hot bath.
- Then, you soak your body in the water for 15-20 minutes.
- Do it once daily.
Learn more: Hemorrhoid Treatment Book
Coconut oil is not only great for health, but it is also good for treating anal itching. This ingredient has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that can decrease anal itching and infection. Also, it can expel the intestinal worms, which cause your anal itching.
- Method 1: you can eat some tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil every day. You also can use coconut oil to cook healthy dishes.
- Method 2: you can warm up coconut oil and rub it around the affected area to reduce burning sensations and itching around the anal.
I think that you have heard some benefits of garlic, which not only keep your recipes delicious, but it also helps you treat some common conditions including anal itching. For this problem, garlic will help you treat it from the inside and it will get rid of intestinal worms. Also, garlic has antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that can help you reduce infection and symptoms of anal itching shortly.
- Method 1: you just need to eat 2-3 garlic cloves before eating for 1 week.
- Method 2:
- Crush garlic cloves.
- Boil them with ½ cup of milk.
- Drink it when you are hungry.
- Do it every day for one week.
Oatmeal includes soothing, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritation properties that can help you cure itchy skin, inflammation, and irritation on your skin. You totally can use oatmeal to reduce anal itching with the following solution:
- Combine some cups of oatmeal into lukewarm water.
- Soak in the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- You also can bath with oatmeal 1-2 times each day.
If you want to get more home remedies for anal itching, I think you should add aloe vera in the list. This herb contains calming and soothing properties that can relieve inflammation, soreness, and itching. Hemorrhoid patients also can use aloe vera because it can limit the irritation very well.
- You extract the gel of aloe vera leaf.
- Rub the gel around your anus for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process every hour to get rid of soreness and itching.
Yogurt is a perfect snack for everyone and you also can use it to treat anal itching. The reason is that yogurt contains probiotics that can manage the infection growth and it will reduce symptoms of anal itching dramatically.
- Method 1: you can eat 2-3 cups of plain yogurt every day.
- Method 2: you can rub yogurt on the affected skin for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
If you want to alleviate anal itching naturally and quickly, Epsom salt might work. The ingredient can relieve burning sensations and anal itching effectually. Let follow it:
- Combine some cups of Epsom salt in warm water.
- Soak it for 15-20 minutes.
- Pat your skin dry naturally.
- You can bath with Epsom salt 2-3 times each week.
Licorice is useful for skin care and it is one of the most natural home remedies for anal itching. This herb can treat anal itching, psoriasis, eczema, irritation, and redness. Here is the solution to treat the condition with licorice:
- Roast licorice and grind of cardamom and myrobalan.
- Grind them as a fine powder.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon of the powder and add a teaspoon of honey in a cup of water.
- Drink it once per day until you relieve the symptoms.
Constipation can lead to anal itching. As the result, you need to get rid of constipation first. An effective way among home remedies for anal itching to treat the problem is to intake more fiber to soften stool and improve the digestive system.
- Method 1: you can eat fiber-rich foods such as peas, broccoli, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, buckwheat, prunes, quinoa, brown rice, carrots, potatoes, beans, etc.
- Method 2: you can get fiber supplements after asking your doctor.
Along with healthy foods for healing anal itching, some food allergens can cause irritation, inflammation, and itchiness. So you should avoid:
- Citrus foods such as oranges, lemons, grapes.
- Spicy foods like jalapenos, peppers.
- Foods that increase itching like chocolate, alcoholic beverages, soda, tea, coffee, etc.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for anal itching, I hope that you have learned some useful treatments to get rid of the symptoms effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on anal itching problem:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to get rid of dry skin & redness on face & body fast
- How to get water out of your ear fast and easily
- How to treat blackheads at home naturally – 6 tips
- Top 10 Beauty Benefits Of Multani Mitti
- 15 Noticeable Health Benefits Of Skullcap Tea, Leaf, And Extract
- Top low fat & low cholesterol diet recipes and plans
- 16 Best tips on how to use tea tree oil for acne treatment
- 15 home remedies for gas pain in chest and back