During rainy seasons or warm weather, many people discover that ants enter their houses as well as garden areas.
In fact, ants are known as the social insects. They live in colonies ranging in sizes about hundreds or even millions of ants, which depends on the species.
It has different kinds of ants. However, the most popular house-invading ants are pavement, acrobat, pharaoh, odorous house, and carpenter ants.
House-invading ants may get into the food, damaging property or causing stinging bites. Plus, these tiny creatures may also damage your plants.
Facing with ants may be very frustrating. People often use pesticides for getting ants; however, the chemicals content in the pesticides are very harmful to humans as well as the environment. Hence, in this article, VKool.com will provide for you with 10 natural and non-toxic ways on how to get rid of ants naturally and fast in your house. These solutions may be time-consuming and sometimes make you impatient, but will provide you the good results for dealing with this condition. The following article collected information from many reliable sources. Keep reading this to understand more!
Top 10 Ways How To Get Rid Of Ants Naturally And Fast
1. White Vinegar
This white vinegar will also give to ants an eviction notice on your premises. They may not bear the strong smell of the vinegar. In addition, its smell also makes a mask of the scent trails and the ants will lose the direction.
- You just mix the white vinegar and water at an equal ratio.
- You pour the mixture into a spray bottle and add some drops of an essential oil (olive oil or coconut oil) to it.
- You shake this bottle thoroughly and use it to spray around baseboards as well as other entry points.
- After about an hour, you use a damp paper towel to wipe up the ants and discard them.
- You should apply this spar solution once daily till the ants are gone out completely.
- In addition, you may also use this white vinegar solution to clean windowsills, countertops, and floors to keep ants at bay.
Lemon is also another of top 10 ways on how to get rid of ants naturally. The lemon smell will have the ability to deter ants while the acidic property content in it will mask their scent trails. To keep your kitchen as well as other house areas clean without ant, try using one of these natural and simple ways below:
- The first way you can apply is to rub a little lemon juice directly on windowsills, door thresholds, and various possible areas in which ants are getting.
- Another option for you is to put some essential oil drops of lemon to the cotton balls and then leave these cotton balls in cabinets along with other areas as needed.
- You can scatter some small lemon peel slices around the outdoor entrances.
- Keep applying these remedies every day for a few days till the ants disappear completely.
3. Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth
This food-grade diatomaceous earth also acts well as a kind of ant repellents. This powder is made from the fossilized remains of the marine phytoplankton.
The microscopic sharp edges of diatomaceous earth can cut through the exoskeletons of ants, gradually making their body become dry out.
- You sprinkle gently a thin layer of diatomaceous earth beneath the fridge, on windowsills, under cabinets, around and in the garbage cans as well as any other area where you see ants.
- Do this again every day until the ants are gone.
- Remember not to wet the diatomaceous earth because it will not work when being wet.
4. Cayenne Pepper Combined With Turmeric Powder
Cayenne pepper also acts as an effective way on how to get rid of ants. The strong nature content in cayenne pepper is beneficial in destroying the chemical signals which help ants navigate toward their nest, food, and other areas. Without having a proper signal, the ants cannot survive and they will look for new areas to go.
- What you need to do is to sprinkle the cayenne pepper powder in places where you see ants.
- Or you may also mix the cayenne pepper well with the turmeric powder at an equal ratio.
- Then you sprinkle it across the main points to make a barrier for keeping ants at bay.
If you want to know more ways on how to get rid of ants naturally and fast, stay with us for our next post!
5. Keep The House Clean
To prevent ants from coming into your house, you have to take extra care tips below to keep it clean.
- Try your best to keep the countertops, cabinets, and floors clean and have no clutter.
- You should store sugar, syrup, honey, and other sweet foods in the airtight containers, which can attract ants.
- Keep cleaning up food, especially sugary foods, and fruit juice.
- Ensure that you cover any food you leave out in the kitchen properly. You may even place the bowls containing food on plates which have a little water to make ants not reach the food.
- Always keep furniture surfaces as well as window sills clean.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes in your sink.
- Do not let moisture accumulate on the kitchen counters along with other surfaces.
- You should be sure that the garbage cans have sealed lids tightly.
- Find crevice and little cracks around the windows and doors and then use caulk or petroleum jelly to seal them.
6. Liquid Dish Soap
Another way on how to get rid of ants is to use dish soap. Dish soap can assist in suffocating the ants, which cause them to die. Therefore, you may use liquid dish soap as an effective tip for getting rid of ant. You can also apply this tip on cockroaches.
- At first, you prepare 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 cup of water.
- You mix them well and then spread this mixture along areas in which ants are coming.
- Or you mix the dish soap to the water at the ratio of 1:2 and pour them into a spray bottle.
- Next, you shake it thoroughly and spray this mixture over the places where ants are present.
- Keep waiting for a few hours and use a wet cloth to remove the dead ants.
7. Cucumber Peel
People have used cucumber peel as a way on how to get rid of ants for many years. Ants naturally distaste cucumber because they can't stand its taste. You should use bitter cucumbers to get the best results or normal cucumbers, too.
- You just peel a cucumber and then put the cucumber peel pieces in all places where the ants act.
- You replace them with some fresh peels every day.
- Keep repeating as you need till the ants are gone.
Peppermint is known as a natural insect removal which can effectively prevent ants from your house. Ants dislike the strong smell of peppermint, which also disrupts the smelling of other foods and hence they cannot find food sources.
- You mix 10 drops of peppermint oil together with 1 cup of water and pour into a spray bottle.
- You spray this mixture on all areas in which ants are coming.
- Remember to repeat 2 times daily till the ants disappear completely.
- Or you may use the dried peppermint to sprinkle around your entryways, garbage areas, and doors to repel ants.
- You may even grow some peppermint plants in the kitchen garden keep ants at bay.
9. Borax, Cornmeal, And Sugar
Borax is a poison to ants and is considered as a natural way on how to get rid of ants from your garden and house. Borax will attract the attention of ants when they ingest it, borax ultimately kills them.
- You take borax and food jelly at an equal ratio.
- You mix well and pour this mixture on a flat plate.
- You put this in the areas in which ants are coming.
- Alternatively, you mix borax well with granulated sugar at the ratio of 1:3.
- Then you add a little water and mix until they form a syrup-like consistency.
- Also, put this paste in all areas of which you see ants.
- Or you make a homemade paste by mixing equally borax and cornmeal along with some drops of water.
- You spread this paste in areas where ants are coming in.
Note: Because borax is toxic, you’d better keep it away from your pets and small children.
Cinnamon is also an effective and natural household ant repellent. The cinnamon smell will keep ants away your house.
- To apply cinnamon, you add ¼ or ½ oil teaspoon of cinnamon in 1 cup of water.
- You stir well and then soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Then you use this cotton ball to wipe down all the areas in which ants can enter and dwell.
- You should do this once every day until the ants are gone.
- You may also put a little ground cinnamon or whole cloves near the entry points.
Note: Only spray the cinnamon oil strategically in areas of ant infestation. Do not spray it all over your house.
Recommended link: 23 ways on how to get rid of flies naturally in house
If you want to get more natural homemade ways on how to deal with other problems or diseases, go to visit our main How to page. After reading the writing about top 10 ways on how to get rid of ants, hope that you can find out the best way to get rid of ants naturally at home. If you have any question or know other natural ways on how to get rid of ants, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 22 Fishing tips and tricks for beginners that work – learn how to catch fish like a pro
- Healthy summer salad ideas: 31 easy recipes
- Nikola tesla secret review – discover Ben’s power generation system
- Ideas 4 landscaping review – is it reliable to read?
- Real and healthy chinese cooking review – Nicholas Zhou’s guide
- Keikos cake review – is Keiko’s online cake making course useful?
- 10 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Ants Naturally And Fast
- How to become a fashion designer book review – is it reliable?