Bad breath or halitosis is the result of a buildup of odor producing bacteria in the mouth, lungs, or gut of your dog. Constant bad breath can show that something is wrong in your dog’s gastrointestinal tract, kidneys or liver or he or she needs better dental care. There are many reasons for bad breath. They may include consuming garlic, having too much plaque in her or his teeth or eating a poor-quality bone, and more. Understanding a remedy for bad breath will aid in removing the halitosis in your cat, dog or any other animal. There are a ton of commercial items that are available in the marketplace to resolve the issue of a bad breath in dogs. Nevertheless, there are particular natural treatments which may be effective in addressing the issue. Now, continue reading the entire post on VKool site to discover the ways on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally.
Top 10 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs Naturally That Do Wonders
1. Brush The Teeth Of Your Dog
Brushing your dog’s teeth daily will offer a fresh smell and remove the cavities as well. Good oral hygiene is a great way on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally. For this purpose, you need to prepare a soft bristle toothbrush by buying it from a pet’s store. Then, take it to brush the teeth of your dog. Remember to use veterinary toothpaste only. After that, take a small quantity of toothpaste for brushing. While brushing, you need to mainly focus on the upper teeth because plaque starts building up on the dog’s upper teeth. Also, gently clean your dog’s tongue. Brushing should be followed frequently at least three times a week. You can use a few herbs such as coriander and margosa leaves in the toothpaste of your dogs because these are the natural treatments for bad breath.
Note: Don’t ever use baking soda or human toothpaste to brush the teeth of your dog because the toothpaste contains some detergents, which harm your pet if swallowed. Plus, the sodium in baking soda can make them sick.
2. How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs With Parsley
This remedy is also the great answer to the query on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally. Parsley contains the chlorophyll that helps to neutralize the odor. Here are the two ways how to get rid of bad breath in dogs using parsley:
- Take a few fresh leaves of parsley and finely chop it. After that, add it to the favorite food of your dog.
- You can also take some parsley leaves and give your dog these leaves to chew. This way helps to offer a fresh smell to the mouth of your dog, and thus will decrease the bad odor.
Way 2: Use parsley as a spray or mouthwash
- Take a handful of parsley leaves and add them to boiling water (500 ml). Next, steep it for a gap of 10 and15 minutes and later drain the leaves.
- Allow it to cool for some time and give this to your dog to drink.
- If your dog does not like this taste, you can use this mixture as a mouthwash for your pet.
- Alternatively, fill a spray bottle with some parsley water, and then spray it into the mouth of your dog.
3. Coconut Oil For Dog Bad Breath
The great natural way on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs must include coconut oil. Coconut oil helps to lower the stinky smell from the mouth of your dog thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal characteristics. Besides, coconut oil is good for the immune, digestive, and metabolic system of your dog. Further, it helps to prevent and treat yeast infections because it possesses antiviral properties. Last but not least, coconut oil is good for the skin, bones, and brain of your dog.
- Take coconut oil (1 teaspoon) and mix it in the food of your dog. You can also cook the food of your dog with coconut oil.
- You can also use this oil for brushing the teeth of your dog. The taste of the oil is sweet and dogs to prefer its taste. Thus, try giving coconut oil (1 teaspoon) to your dog daily to remove the stinking smell. You will see a remarkable change in the dog’s breath soon.
4. How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs With Yogurt
This remedy is also a great answer to the query on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally. Yogurt works acts as a great antidote for bad breath. According to researchers, taking yogurt at least twice per day will help to decrease hydrogen sulfide causing bad breath. In addition, the rich amount of calcium in yogurt benefits the oral health.
- Simply, feed your dog with about two to three cups of yogurt daily.
- You can mix yogurt with brown rice, or give plain yogurt two times in the morning & night.
5. Lemon For Bad Breath In Dogs
One of the best ways on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs is using lemon. Lemon possesses a citrus property, which helps to stop the growth of bacteria inside your dog’s mouth, thereby preventing bad breath. Lemon works as a natural bleach, so it helps to cleanse your dog’s mouth. As a result, it gives a fresh smell to your dog’s mouth. Lemon is a simple remedy but very effective for bad breath in dogs.
- Take several drops of lemon juice and add it to the drinking water of your dog.
- You can also change or fill your dog’s water and squeeze 1lemon into it.
- Follow this simple remedy regularly to stop bad breath in dogs.
6. How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs Using Carrot
One of the main reasons for bad breath is the plaque. Carrot is known for getting rid of the plaque thanks to its abrasive quality. Carrot also has beta-carotene that is one of the great natural antioxidants. It gives the body protection from the harmful free radical injury. In addition, it’s loaded with vitamins and plays a main role in keeping good health. Therefore, it is vital to feed carrots to your pets to remove bad breath.
- Take 1-2 carrots and cut it into medium-sized pieces. Then, give it to your pet after the food or in between the meals.
- Chewing the carrots enhances saliva, thus removing all the food particles from the dog’s mouth as well as in between their teeth. You’ll soon find relief from bad breath in the dog by adding carrots to the daily diet of your dog.
7. How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs With Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is powerful for combating bad breath in dogs because it contains many useful properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-viral. In addition, apple cider vinegar can help to break down any tartar or plaque, leaving your dog’s mouth clean and fresh because of the presence acid in it. Thus, the best way on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs should include apple cider vinegar.
- Firstly, pour the fresh water into a bowl and add apple cider vinegar (½ teaspoon) to it. After that, leave the dog to consume this solution throughout the day.
- Each time you replace the water, you add another ½ tsp of ACV (apple cider vinegar) to the water bowl.
- This regiment should be followed for at least 1 week. Continue following this remedy whenever the dog has bad breath.
8. Brown Rice For Bad Breath In Dogs
This is also a good answer to the query on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally. Brown rice is good for digestion since it is high in fiber. Digestion plays an important role in the breath of a dog. Besides, it is a powerhouse of powerful antioxidants, which prevent a lot of diseases such as cancer or diabetes, etc.
- You should feed 1 bowl of brown rice to your dog for 1 to 2 times a day.
- Adding some cooked brown rice to the daily diet of your dog will also help to prevent bad breath caused due to indigestion and other gastrointestinal diseases.
9. Make A Homemade Toothpaste
As talked earlier, brushing your dog’s teeth frequently will help to keep their mouth fresh and clean. Homemade toothpaste is very safe for dogs because you will ensure they aren’t ingesting any harmful ingredients.
You need to prepare:
- 1 bouillon cube
- Baking soda – 6 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Small bowl
- To the bowl, add the bouillon cube and the water and let the bouillon cube dissolve fully. To the bowl, also add the salt, baking soda, and parsley and combine well.
- When they have been combined well, you can add some mixture to the toothbrush to brush the teeth of your dog.
- Continue to use this toothpaste to refresh the breath of your dog rapidly and prevent a build-up of tartar and plaque.
10. How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs With Fresh Mint
Fresh mint not only helps to fight bad breath in humans but also keeps the pooch fresh as well. Thus, you must not forget this remedy when seeking a good way on how to get rid of bad breath in dogs naturally.
- Take a bunch of fresh mint and tear them into pieces. Then, directly give a few to your dog.
- Alternatively, you also can add a few mint sprigs to the dog’s water bowl. It’ll infuse the water and offer your pet a fresh zing.
- Your dog can consume mint every day. You can give your dog a little mint daily to maintain their breath clean as well as smelling great.
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs – Additional Tips:
Apart from following all the above-mentioned methods, you also need to follow some tips below to prevent and treat dog bad breath:
- Your dog must be consumed plenty daily because the water will keep your dog’s mouth moist and remove the bacteria which are responsible for bad breath.
- You should add many digestive enzymes and probiotics to your dog’s diet because digestive problems can cause bad breath.
- You should use peppermint-flavored and anti-bacterial dog sprays because these sprays will give freshness to the mouth of your dog.
- Regular flossing and brushing the teeth of your dog can reduce dental problems and bad breath as well.
- Try using food products having an antiseptic chemical named ‘chlorhexidine’, which is found in dog sprays and chews. It is used to kill the odor causing bacteria.
- Ensure that your dog’s water and food bowl is cleaned properly because unclean vessels provide bacteria causing bad breath to grow.
- Use a few herbs like Echinacea in your dog’s food. Also, this herb can be used as a great mouthwash, which can help to boost up the immune system of your dog.
For more writings to take care of your pets, please visit the line of Lifestyle on our site. There are a lot of ways how to get rid of bad breath in dogs, just follow these methods to see the result. If your dog is experiencing the bad breath for a longer time, consult a vet immediately. Please share with us if you know any remedy to deal with dog bad breath.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Qualities of a good man to marry – 9 necessary qualities
- Ageless mobility program review – is the fitness guide good?
- 3X pitching download review – can Brent’s course work?
- 24 Tips How to Treat Red Eyes at Home Without Eye Drops
- 24 Best Tips How To Reduce Waist At Home
- How to cure anxiety attacks naturally – 6 tips
- 10 Natural Homemade Lip Scrubs Recipes You Should Try
- Acne cured the e-book review – is Jerry’s guide useful?