Lemon is very popular, inexpensive and natural home remedy for acne as compared to other remedies. In addition, it contains many other additional advantages rather than treating acne and also it smells great. Lemon has many properties like astringent, antibacterial, skin lightening, vitamin C, the acidic agent, strong antioxidant, citric acid, exfoliate properties which treat acne completely and also inhibits the acne scars. Here are 16 effective methods to use lemon for acne that are collected by Vkool.com from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn these uses of lemon for acne in more detail!
How To Use Lemon For Acne? 16 Effective Methods That Amaze You
1. Lemon For Overnight
Lemon is a natural remedy that is effective in treating acne as well as its scars. Here is the recipe to use lemon for acne:
- Take one fresh lemon and next squeeze it to extract the juice in one small container.
- Wash your face using mild soap as well as warm water prior to applying the lemon juice.
- Later take a q-tip or cotton ball and now dip it in this lemon juice and also wring out this excess liquid.
- Now, apply the cotton ball directly on your acne affected area of the skin.
- Continue following the process of dipping this cotton ball along with applying it on your acne affected part till it covers the entire troubled area.
- Wait for an entire night for this juice to dry out on the skin and afterwards rinse the area using cool water together with pat dry using the towel.
- Regularly repeat this process for twice per day to eliminate your acne or acne scars.
- Also, simply you may apply the half cut lemon piece on your acne affected part of the skin.
2. Lemon And Rose Water
- First of all, cleanse your face using water and mild soap and pat dry.
- Take equal amounts of rose water and lemon juice. Rose water has natural antibacterial agents, skin lightening and helps to decrease the acidic nature of this lemon.
- Now, mix it well and then take a cotton ball.
- After that, immerse the cotton ball in this solution and next squeeze the excess liquid.
- Now, apply the ball directly on your acne affected area and allow it to stay for around 15 – 30 minutes.
- Rinse it using cool water and then dry your skin using a dry towel.
- Do the same process for around once or twice per day to remove the acne soon.
3. Lemon And Yogurt
Here are detailed guides to using lemon for acne:
- First of all, rinse your skin gently using mild soap and water.
- Later take one lemon juice in one bowl and add some amount of yogurt.
- Mix both these ingredients well and then apply this on the face or acne affected part of the skin with the help of cotton ball or your fingertips.
- Let it on for some minutes to get dry and afterward wash it off using water.
- Repeating this process frequently will help a lot in curing the acne as well as its scars.
4. Lemon And Unboiled Milk
Here is the method to use lemon for acne:
- Firstly, take a fresh lemon juice and later add this to one cup of unboiled milk.
- Then, stir it well to create it like one fine liquid.
- Now use the liquid to wash the face daily to avoid this acne problem.
5. Lemon And Sea Salt
- First of all, wash your face using a non-exfoliating cleanser and then pat dry with one towel.
- After that, take lemon juice (a teaspoon) and add sufficient sea salt to create like a paste.
- Gently scrub the face or acne affected part of the skin for around 15 seconds – one minute (depends on your skin sensitivity).
- Allow it to stay for around 5 – 10 minutes and then remove the scrub thoroughly using a warm wash cloth.
- Apply a little gentle toner and afterward moisturizer to lower the stinging.
- This procedure is to be followed for at once or two times per week to get clear this acne.
6. Lemon And Baking Soda
In order to use lemon for acne, you should do as follows:
- Firstly, take lemon juice (a teaspoon) and baking soda (a teaspoon) which contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Baking soda helps balance the pH level of the skin.
- Mix both these ingredients very well and then cleanse your face using this paste to exfoliate damp as well as dead skin cells gently.
- Lastly, rinse it using tepid water to get rid of the acne absolutely and continue doing the process for around 2 – 3 times per week.
7. Lemon And Cinnamon
- First off, take one small bowl and next add lemon juice (2 teaspoons) and ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon) which works as antioxidant in destroying the harmful bacteria which causes acne.
- Now, mix it well in this bowl to create a thick paste and then apply it on your acne affected area of the skin.
- Allow it on for around 15 – 20 minutes or for an entire night and after that time is completed then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- But ensure that the process causes a little burning sensation while alleviating the bacteria.
8. Lemon Juice And Aspirin
Here is the recipe to use lemon for acne:
- Take one fresh lemon juice and next dissolve six non coated aspirin pills. Generally, aspirin works as anti inflammatory and has salicylic acid that aids a lot in treating the acne by destroying the bacteria in the skin pores and decreases the redness.
- Mix it carefully as it has to create like one thick paste and next apply the paste directly on your acne affected area like a mask.
- Allow the paste to dry for some minutes and afterwards wash it off using the wet cotton ball which is dipped in this baking soda solution (the baking soda combined with water).
- Finally, rinse it using water and then pat dry with one clean towel.
9. Lemon And Chickpea
- First of all, take chickpea powder (one tablespoon) and a fresh lemon.
- Squeeze this lemon juice and then mix it well to create it like one fine paste.
- You may use enough water or milk beyond lemon juice while you make it like one fine paste.
- Now, apply this to the face or the affected area of the skin and allow it on for several minutes.
- Wash your face using warm water and then dry it with a dry and clean towel.
- Lastly, apply moisturizer depending on the skin type to inhibit the acne.
10. Lemon Toner For Acne
General speaking, lemon acts as astringent and cleanser for your skin. It aids to have even skin tone and cure the breakouts of acne by destroying the bacteria. How to prepare lemon toner to cure acne and its symptoms? Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- First of all, take the fresh organic lemons and next squeeze the juice (without any seeds) till you get pure lemon juice (1/4 cup) for the glass container or bottle that you kept to store this toner.
- Pour this lemon juice in that glass container and afterward add water (1/4 cup) (equal ratios of lemon juice and water) in that glass container.
- Mix it together and then keep it in one refrigerator to preserve for about one month.
- Use this frequently to get relief from this acne as well as to have brighter skin tone.
11. Lemon Juice For Treating Acne Scars
General speaking, lemon works as natural bleach which gets rid of the dark acne scars and blemishes it by lightening them. In addition, it has ascorbic acid (citric acid) that destroys the skin trouble bacteria, one major element for the disinfection and also it ends formation of new pimples together with lighten these acne scars by brightening the skin tone. Moreover, its juice contains low pH and also is acidic in nature that will exfoliate the skin naturally and controls your excess skin oiliness. Here are some methods to apply lemon juice for acne scars:
- Take equal parts of cucumber juice, lemon juice and rose water.
- Mix all these ingredients to create an herbal solution.
- Then, apply this on the face as well as acne affected scars area.
- Allow it like this for some minutes and afterward rinse it off using water.
- Continuing this procedure will help to remove the acne scars quickly.
- First of all, you wash your face using facial cleanser and next pat dry using a towel.
- Squeeze out this lemon juice in one small container and take one cotton ball.
- Then, immerse the cotton ball and now apply it on the face particularly on the acne prone part.
- Allow it to sit the lemon juice on this affected for overnight.
- Next morning, wash the face using facial cleanser and continue following the process.
- If the skin causes itching or irritation by redness or if you have sensitive skin then dilute this by adding a little amount of rosewater or water.
- Take equal amount of egg white and fresh lemon juice and next mix it carefully by beating these egg whites in one bowl.
- Then, apply this mixture to the acne scars and allow it to sit for overnight.
- In the next morning, rinse it off using water and repeat this mask frequently to get clear these acne scars and to brighten the skin.
- First of all, take fresh lemon juice (5 drops) and mix it honey (a tablespoon) and a teaspoon of mint or basil.
- Apply this on your acne scars and allow it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash applied area or your face with water and this process has to be followed at least twice per week to get the acne scars clear skin.
- The process assists not only to clear the acne scars but also inhibits the new breakouts forming.
Learn more: 6 Natural Solutions For Acne Scars On Face
12. Lemon Peel For Acne
Generally, lemon has an acidic property which helps to erase the excess oil on your face which is the major cause for acne. Particularly, lemon peel is one natural skin lightener that helps to even the skin tone and gets rid of the tan. This lemon acid will dissolve your dead skin cells and boosts new skin cells growth which is fresh as well as light in color.
- First of all, take one lemon peel and next dry it under the sun for some minutes.
- Then, grind it to create a fine powder and now add water to form it like a paste.
- Thereafter, apply this on your acne scars prone area or face and allow it for some minutes.
- Finally, wash your face using normal water and later repeat it regularly for about once or twice per week to get acne scars clean skin.
13. Lemon Juice For Treating Cystic Acne
Lemon contains natural astringent as well as antibacterial properties. It works as an exfoliant which helps to get rid of dead skin cells faster and inhibit clogged pores to give cure from cystic acne.
- First of all, wash your face using mild soap together with lukewarm water.
- Next take one fresh lemon and then cut into half.
- Squeeze this half lemon to extract the juice into one bowl (add water or rose water to lessen the acidic nature of this lemon and this is particularly used for sensitive skin holder)
- After that, take one cotton ball and immerse it in the juice.
- Now apply it directly on this cystic acne affected part of the skin and ensure to dip this ball and apply this completely.
- Leave the juice to stay for around 10 – 15 minutes or till it dries completely.
- Afterward, wash the applied area using cool water and next pat dry with a
- Continue using lemon juice on affected area for twice per day to remove the cystic acne.
Learn more: 10 Best Solutions For Cystic Acne
14. Lemon Balm For Acne
Generally, lemon balm leaves are anti-bacterial and astringent in nature which assist to cleanse your skin pores and decreases the formation of pimples, acne, blackheads, zits, etc. Lemon balm has rosmarinic acid, an antioxidant which has one positive effect on completion and the acid will help to decrease the oil production to cleanse the acne. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that lower the redness and swelling which come with acne outbreaks.
- You can use this lemon balm in any method i.e. either in the form of pouring the oil in the steam in order to inhale it, tea or any other form of supplement to get cure from the acne.
- But make sure that breast-feeding and pregnant mothers, young children should not take th3 balm. Also stop taking if you are allergic to it.
15. Lemon And Sugar Scrub For Treating Acne
As we know, lemon is very rich in vitamin C, anti-bacterial, antioxidant, etc. which helps to inhibit the acne and lessens these scars as well. Sugar will exfoliate the skin by removing your dead skin cells and unclog the skin pores to eliminate this acne.
- Take one tablespoon of brown sugar and juice of fresh lemons.
- Take one cotton pad and next infuse it in this lemon juice.
- Later put some cane sugar on the cotton pad and pour some drops of lemon on this.
- Wash your face using warm water which assists expanding these skin pores.
- Take this cotton pad and then massage it gently on the face by concentrating on the crucial areas such as forehead, chin, neck, nose, etc. where the most exposed area of your skin to the appearance of pimples, blemishes, and blackheads as well. But avoid area around your eyes.
- Scrub the face for at least a few minutes. You change that cotton pad, if necessary.
- Lastly, rinse your face using warm water and then apply a toner along with moisturizer.
- Repeating this process frequently will benefit you in treating the acne and also to lessen its scars.
16. Lemon Mask For Acne
In general, lemon juice has rich in vitamin C as well as other organic acids, strong antibacterial and astringent properties in order to get clear of acne. Here are some methods to use lemon for acne:
Process 1: (Lemon Juice, Oats and Tomato)
- Take oats (2 tablespoons) and next cover this with water. The oats help to decrease the size of these pores along with making it smooth. Also, it reduces the redness as well as age spots.
- Then, take one tomato and cut this into half and then scrape the inside, discarding its skin for both halves. The tomato decreases the sebum and inhibits acne.
- After that, squeeze the pulp of this tomato in the oat bowl (strained from water) by delivering more juice as you can and discard the pulp.
- Then, place all the mixture in one blender and add lemon juice (a teaspoon) in it and now blend it by adding some water to it.
- Thereafter wash your face using warm water and allow it to dry with a towel.
- Now, apply this mixture on the neck and face as face mask and allow it to sit for around 20 – 25 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it off using warm water and follow this process regularly to remove the acne.
Process 2: (Lemon and Honey)
- First of all, take a bowl and next add one teaspoonful of honey.
- Then, squeeze half one lemon to extract the juice and also add some grated lemon zits into this.
- Mix it well and then wash the face thoroughly and now steam it for some minutes or dip one thick towel in the hot water and put it on the face for some minutes. This will assist to open up these pores.
- Tie your hair using a band and later gently rub this mask with a start from your oily skin and blemishes.
- After that, spread this to all other areas of the face but ensure to avoid eyes.
- Allow it for about half an hour and afterwards wash it off using cold water and next pat dry your skin.
- The process assists to make your skin brighter and clearer as lemon will exfoliate your skin and decreases the occurrence of acne while honey will moisturize your skin.
- Following the process for once per week will give better effects.
Process 3: (Lemon with Egg Whites)
- Take a raw egg and next separate the egg white.
- Then, whisk these egg whites and add lemon juice (few drops).
- Mix it well and then wash your face carefully and dry it with a towel.
- After that, roll out this anti-acne mask by staying away from the lips, around the eyes.
- Leave it to sit on for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it using cool water and after that apply a good moisturizer.
- You should follow up the process frequently to get rid of this problem.
Learn more: Moles, Warts And Skin Tags Removal Review
1. If you are first time user then do not apply lemon directly on your affected part. You must dilute it and also have one skin test and later apply this on the acne affected part.
2. Avoid lemon juice around the eyes and also anything happens like that, later immediately rinse your eyes using cool water.
3. Lemon juice makes your skin sensitive to sunlight. Thus, wear sunscreen or avoid the sun exposure to inhibit the effect of sun on the skin.
4. If you have one stringing sensation which causes inflammation and redness then instantly wash it off using cold water.
5. Consult health care provider or dermatologist if you did not find any improvement for advice as well as treatment.
To get more information related to useful ways to take care of your skin, go to our main How To page. After studying the writing of 16 effective methods on how to use lemon for acne, hope that this article will help you learn more some helpful methods to use lemon for acne. All these treatments are natural and easy to apply at home to throw out the acne effectively. So use lemon to remove acne on daily basis. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Do you know any other methods to use lemon for acne? Then share with us.
9 Easy Lemon Ideas For Hair & Skin