Loss of appetite is usually reversible and temporary. It is often associated with psychological triggers, such as depression, stress, and anxiety.
A lot of medical issues may also cause the loss of appetite, such as bacterial or viral infections, dementia, heart failure, kidney failure, hepatitis, chronic liver disease, hypothyroidism, and many others. Some medications may also contribute to this condition as well.
Actually, there are several of medications, drugs, and pills that can help people deal with this health condition fast and effectively. However, this is 100% not a good way to treat a health issue that can be addressed just by following a healthy and proper diet plan. In fact, as I mentioned above, this is just a contemporary problem, so there are also a lot of herbal and natural remedies that can help people stop the loss of appetite without the need for using any type of medical interventions.
I. Home Remedies To Increase Appetite In Children And Adults – Causes Of The Appetite Loss:
The first section of the article today will reveal some of the most common and major causes of the appetite loss people should know before learning the home remedies for dealing with this condition.
There are several causes leading to the loss of appetite, such as:
- Improper diet plan: Snacking is a culprit often cause anorexia in the main meals, causing “filled up stomach”.
- Psychological anorexia: This is the common cause of anorexia in adults, especially among minors. Those who respect the appearance seem to be haunted by the “fear of being fat”, thereby scared of foods so much that they cannot eat or vomit right after swallowing anything.
- Stress: The pressure in the present life, work, study, exams … can make you fall into insomnia, mental instability, tiredness, leading to the loss of appetite, and even do not want to look at foods.
- Due to the illness of the body: When the body is sick, it can cause fatigue and anorexia
- Another important reason of the appetite loss is also the consequence of the process of prolonged anorexia, leading to some deficiencies of nutrients in the body, especially protein, lysine, zinc, potassium, magnesium … making the situation of anorexia more severe.
II. Home Remedies To Increase Appetite In Adults And Children – Best Natural Cures:
After knowing some general information and the major causes of the appetite loss, what you need to do next is to learn how to deal with the problem naturally. In this section of the entire article today, I will reveal some of the most effective home remedies to increase appetite in children and adults that people can easily apply at home, including:
- Dandelion Root
- Carom Seed
- Black Pepper
- Indian Gooseberry
This is the very first out of the home remedies to increase appetite in adults and children that I want to reveal in this entire article.
Alfalfa can work effectively as a powerful appetite stimulant and a natural liver cleanser and blood cleanser at the same time. Having the diuretic properties, alfalfa is beneficial for people who are struggling with kidney related issues. Alfalfa is very great for the human health as it is high in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin K, as well as folic acid, zinc, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and other nutrients.
- You can take 1 or 2 ml (about 1/4 a teaspoon) of alfalfa tincture 3 times every day until you see your desired relief.
- You can also add alfalfa sprouts and seeds to your daily meals.
- Prepare alfalfa tea to drink by steeping 1 teaspoon of dried alfalfa leaf into one cup of hot water in about ten to fifteen minutes.
However, remember not to take large doses of alfalfa. It will be good for you to consult the doctor before making use of this herb as a home treatment for appetite loss as it is not suitable for people who are dealing with gout, autoimmune disease, and certain other illnesses.
Read more Healthy Daily Diet With 3 Week Diet to get more knowledge about how to get a healthy diet plan which can help to improve overall health and also increase appetite.
Tamarind is a tropical fruit that tastes sour and sweet when it gets ripe. Making use of tamarind is also one of the most effective home remedies to increase appetite in adults and children that I would like to introduce in the article today!
Tamarind can help to increase the appetite and has laxative and carminative effects as well. Nevertheless, people should not make use of the variety of tamarind known as Malabar as it tends to even inhibit the appetite.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, a little pepper, and sugar to tamarind softened pulp (in water).
- Drink this solution regularly until your appetite is improved.
In reality, this is one of the most effective home remedies to increase appetite in children and adults that I want my readers to learn and add to the daily diet in moderation for good!
Coriander juice is very good for you to improve appetite because it can aid effectively in the secretion of gastric juices. This herb is also beneficial for treating colitis, nausea, gas, indigestion, and other such conditions.
- Extract the leaves of coriander to take the juice.
- Drink this solution 1 or 2 tablespoons in a daily basis until you see your appetite increased. You can also add to this juice a pinch of salt and a little lemon juice.
This is actually one of the best home remedies to increase appetite in adults and children that people should remember to apply for good.
Garlic is considered a useful home treatment for dealing with the loss of appetite because it can stimulate the digestive system perfectly.
- Boil 3 – 4 cloves of garlic in one cup of water.
- Strain this solution and take the juice of 1/2 a lemon to add to the solution above.
- Drink the solution 2 times every day until your condition is improved.
5. Dandelion Root:
Dandelion root is well-known to improve appetite and boost the digestive system. It can also help to cure gallbladder and liver issues. It can also work effectively as a mild diuretic.
- Boil dandelion root (powdered) in one cup of water for about 5 minutes to get dandelion root tea. You can also opt for cinnamon stick to add to the tea for more flavor.
- Strain the tea. If you like sweetening the tea, you can add a little honey before drinking it.
You can buy dandelion root from any health food store at your locality. If you are planting dandelion in the home yard or garden, you need to split the roots from the foliages, wash them, and cut them into tiny pieces (chopped), and bake these pieces at 250 degrees in the oven for 2 hours.
Before taking this herb, to determine the proper dose and make sure it will not interact with any type of medication you are taking, you should consult your doctor initially.
6. Carom Seed:
Carom seeds, also known as ajwain, are good for the digestive system. Being also known as ajwain, carom seed is very beneficial for the digestion. It can help to increase our appetite and eliminate some issues like flatulence and indigestion by increasing the secretion of enzymes and acids in the digestive system. In fact, this is actually one of the most effective home remedies to increase appetite in adults and children that people should not skip. For good, people should learn carefully how to make use of this herbal remedy and apply right away to stop the appetite loss problem as this condition can negatively affect the body if it lasts for too long.
- Add 3 tablespoons of this seed to lemon juice. Keep it in a dark, dry place until this mixture is completely dry. After that, mix it some black salt. Take 1 teaspoon of the mixture 2 times per day along with warm water for a few days.
- Half an hour before meals, you just need to chew 1/2 teaspoon of carom seed.
Cardamom is also known as “choti elaichi”, and it can work as a warming digestive tonic. Cardamom is very beneficial for those people who need to relieve acidity, flatulence, indigestion, and improve appetite by boosting the secretion of the juices in the digestive system. To make use of this herb, you just need to add ground cardamom pod or cardamom seed to your favorite tea and drink as usual.
8. Black Pepper:
This spice is usually used as an Ayurvedic treatment for increasing appetite, improving digestion, and treating gastrointestinal issues. It can also relieve the intestinal and stomach gas. This is also one out of the easiest and cheapest home remedies to increase appetite in children and adults that I want to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good instead of skipping it!
Basically, black pepper can stimulate our taste buds, thereby, improving the hydrochloric acid secretion in the tummy as well as enhancing the digestion. Furthermore, black pepper has one compound named “piperine” which can aid the absorption of nutrients, such as vitamin B, beta-carotene, and selenium.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder and 1 tablespoon of jaggery powder
- Take it (consume) regularly for a few days.
Do not use the black pepper home treatment when you are suffering from bad abdominal surgery or stomach ulcers.
Ginger is very beneficial for people to stimulate appetite and relieve indigestion. Moreover, ginger is very good for alleviating stomachaches.
- You can chop an inch of ginger (dried) and use 2 cups of water to boil the ginger to make ginger tea. Mix in some sugar and milk to increase the flavor. You should consume this tea a few times every day.
- Take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ginger (finely chopped) and add a pinch of sendha namak (also known as rock salt) to it. Take this mixture 30 minutes before having meals in a daily basis for 8 – 10 days.
10. Indian Gooseberry:
This is the last but not least of the home remedies to increase appetite in children and adults that I want to reveal in this entire article.
Indian gooseberry is also called “amla”, can aid in increasing a diminished appetite due to the problems of gastrointestinal. It can work effectively as a tonic in the GI system, detoxifying the liver and boosting the digestive tract functioning. Moreover, it can help to reduce vomiting and nausea when you combine it with honey.
In addition, gooseberry is very abundant in vitamin C; it can help to enhance the immunity, and facilitate the absorption of minerals, both of which are very essential if the lack of proper nourishment lead to the nutritional deficiencies.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of lemon juice and Indian gooseberry juice in one cup of water. Drink this solution every day on an empty stomach in the morning; continue to apply this tip for 3 – 4 months at least.
- You can also take this refreshing and tangy fruit in the form of pickle.
- If you use the powder from Indian gooseberry, put 1 tablespoon of the powder into one cup of water and let it stay overnight.
When you wake up in the next morning, add a dash of ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to it, and consume the mixture on an empty stomach in a regular basis for a few months.
One another thing that people should do after reading this full writing is that you should read a different article named 8 Best Foods For Children With Anorexia article – another gathering of home remedies to increase appetite in adults and children and deal with anorexia in children – a common digestive and eating condition occurred mostly in children. These home remedies are proven 100% natural and very good for everyone so people should feel secure no matter how their own health condition is. However, readers should follow exactly the tips and steps that the article revealed for good. These home remedies are proven useful and safe for people in any case to make use so that people should make use of the knowledge that is revealed in the writing without concerning about any possibly harmful side effect.
This is the entire article showing the best and most effective home remedies to increase appetite in children and adults so that readers of VKool.com and other people who are also suffering or have their children facing the same issue should learn and make use as soon as possible. These home remedies are proven by science so people should feel totally secure about them.
If you think that the home remedies to increase appetite in adults and in children recommended and revealed in this writing are exactly good for you and your own issue, and if you do not want to make use of this list alone, you should feel free to share it with other people you know who are also looking for natural ways to deal with their issue. Remember to leave your feedbacks and comments below to show me your own thoughts.
Related articles about digestion and appetite problems, how to treat, and how to build up a healthy diet: