In simple terms, drowsiness also means sleepiness, or more concretely, the feeling of sleepy. People who feel drowsy might fall asleep at the most inappropriate moments. This mental health issue is also called somnolence or hypersomnia.
Drowsiness is most commonly resulted from the lack of sleep and improper sleep. In fact, excess daytime drowsiness could be a sign of sleep disorders. Emotional stages, such as boredom, stress, anxiety, and depression can also trigger it.
It can also be one of the side effects of a certain medication. Other trigger factors may include underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), diabetes, alcohol misuse, lack of exercise, chronic pain, an eating disorder, poor diet…
Some signs of this mental health issue include excessive feeling of sleepy during the day, less energy, forgetfulness, irritability, and lethargy.
Best Tips On How To Fight Drowsiness At Home – Natural Remedies To Apply:
Drowsiness can influence the productivity and even lead to havoc in people’s personal life. With proper sleep pattern, a healthy diet, and lifestyle changes, you can fight drowsiness easily without needing to use any type of drugs, pills, or medications.
Nevertheless, before trying any home method, you need to consult your doctor carefully. If you start to feel drowsy after taking an overdose of a medication, starting a brand new medication, or having a head injury, you also need to meet your doctor for proper diagnosis and medical advice. Moreover, if your drowsiness is triggered by a medical issue or a sleep disorder, you need to make use of medical interventions for good.
Quick tips on how to fight drowsiness at home you can make use right away:
- If you have not consulted your doctor, do not take any medication.
- You can try making use of acupressure to reduce drowsiness and lethargy.
- Keep the workplace uncluttered and bright. This will help in motivating you to be active.
- To refresh your mind, take short breaks at work.
- Chew sugar-free gum regularly as it can helps to fight off sleepiness during the day.
- Whenever you have drowsiness, get up and take a walk within about five minutes.
- To have good night’s sleeps, try meditation or some natural sleep supportive methods before going to bed.
- Avoid eating junk foods and those high in sugar and saturated fats as they can make you drowsier during the day.
- Include herbs like cayenne and ginger to your diet to fight against drowsiness.
- Listening to loud music is also a good method for you.
- Make use of the body massage therapy and practice it for 10 minutes every day to relax and fight depression and stress.
- To reinvigorate yourself, take a power nap within 20 minutes during the day.
In the article today, I would like to introduce to you and my dear readers visiting Vkool.com some of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally that are proven safe for health and simple to apply at home. These healthy remedies will help people at all ages reduce and stop this mental health issue effectively without needing to use any drug, pill, or medical intervention, so those struggling with this issue should make use of these solutions right away! Here are the home remedies for you to discover in this article:
7. Green Tea
This is the very first out on the list of best natural tips on how to fight drowsiness at home that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use at home just by applying this habit regularly.
Along with following a healthy eating diet, you need to avoid eating foods that can lead to drowsiness or worsen it. For good, try to cut them totally out.
· Do not eat breakfast foods with added sugars; for example table sugar and high-fructose corn syrup.
· Avoid smoked and processed meat.
· Do not drink alcohol during the day because this drink often makes people feel sleepy.
· Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages in the morning. Although caffeine is useful when it comes to increasing the feeling of alertness, the effect of caffeine is just temporary so it totally can make you feel drowsy later during the day.
· Avoid consuming potatoes, pastas, pastries, and white rice during the day because they can trigger the drowsiness.
A research conducted by the University of Oxford in 2014 suggested that higher consumption of omega-3 DHA can lead to better sleep. Getting a good night’s sleep will be able to help in fighting drowsiness, mild depression, and fatigue automatically.
Moreover, omega-3 fatty acids can help in boosting the immune system and keep you mentally alert throughout the day. You can take more omega-3 fatty acids by consuming these foods on a regular basis:
- Soybeans and soy products
- Canola oil
- Peanut butter
- Walnuts and flaxseeds
- Fatty fish, such as lake trout, salmon, mackerel, sardines, and albacore tuna
Not only good for heart health, omega 3 fatty acids can also help you prevent drowsiness, so try out!
This is actually one of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home that will be a wonderful boost for your mental health so that you should learn and make use of this tip as soon as and as regular as possible!
This is another out of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home and at work that I want to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to make use as soon as possible.
Aromatherapy can aid in reducing daytime drowsiness as well as headaches, fatigue, low energy, and irritability. Some of the best essential oils for you to make use along with the aromatherapy are peppermint oil, basil oil, and rosemary oil. There are 3 ways people can make use with this therapy:
- You just need to diffuse the oil throughout your living room or office to achieve sustained results.
- Alternatively, you just need to add 3 – 5 drops of one type of essential oils that you love to your bathwater.
- You can also add 3 – 5 drops of one type of essential oils that you love on a napkin and sniff it from time to time so that you will be able to feel more alert and awake throughout the day.
Regularly doing exercises for 30 minutes per day and 5 days per week can significantly help in improving your energy and alertness, as well as fighting against daytime sleepiness. It can also help to improve your sleep quality at night as well. Outdoor exercising can provide you with the best benefits.
- You should try practicing some simple yoga postures at the very first stage.
- Practicing some stretching exercises can also provide you with the sufficient amounts of energy necessary for your body throughout the day.
- You can also get a 30-minute brisk walking in a park in the morning.
- In addition, you should do breathing exercises 3 -5 times throughout the day to fight stress and increase blood circulation.
- Practice aerobic exercises in the evening, but you should not do it just before your bedtime.
While doing exercises, do not overexert yourself as you can feel exhausted.
To avoid getting daytime drowsiness, you should not skip breakfast. Having a nutritious yet light breakfast every morning will help you stay active throughout the day with better productivity in your daily activities.
In addition, skipping breakfast means your blood sugar in the morning will be low and your energy levels will go down.
A healthy breakfast includes foods full of complex carbohydrates and protein and low in fat. You should have smoothies, nuts, cereals, oatmeal, fiber-rich fruits, whole-grain bread, cottage cheese, eggs, yogurt, or milk for breakfast.
Actually, you can boost your morning with a healthy wake-up smoothie made with a little raw honey, fresh orange juice, kiwi, banana, strawberries, and low-fat yogurt.
Do not eat a heavy lunch and have healthy snacks for mid-morning and mid-afternoon; for example, juices, sandwiches, fruits, nuts, and so on. In addition, make it a habit to end your dinner 2 hours before your bedtime.
In fact, this is one of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good!
Drinking lemon water in the morning is also a great tip on how to fight drowsiness at home and at work throughout the day that people should not look down. It can help to keep your body hydrated and flush out wastes and toxins that can harm your body. Dehydration can affect the oxygenation of your brain, making you feel more sleepy and tired in daytime.
Drinking one glass of lemon water on an empty stomach as the first meal in every morning and one or two more glasses during the day is a simple yet useful way for you to fight against this mental issue.
To make lemon water, you just need to squeeze the juice of half a lemon in one glass of lukewarm, purified water. Add some money for more taste if you want and drink it as the method mentioned above.
To keep the body hydrated, you should eat more foods that contain water in nature, such as carrots, broccoli, yogurt, and juicy fruits, such as grapefruits, oranges, and watermelons.
This is actually another out on the list of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness at home naturally that people should not look down but try making use as soon as possible for good!
Green tea will give you a boost of stamina and energy that can last for hours and prevent drowsiness. This natural ingredient could be even efficient at fighting stress and fatigue while improving mental concentration. Moreover, the polyphenols contained in green tea can help you easily get better sleep at night.
Drink a cup of green tea everytime you wake up in the morning and 2 – 3 other cups during the day. To make green tea, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Add 1 tsp. of green tea leaf to one cup of hot water.
- Cover it and allow it to steep within five minutes.
- Strain the tea and add some honey for more taste, and then drink it.
Thus, sticking to green tea and trying the method mentioned above with the support of this natural remedy is one of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness at home and at wok naturally that should not be ignored bur followed right away for good!
Whenever you feel drowsy, you can try splashing some cold water on your facial skin. The sudden temperature change will help dispel the feeling of sleepiness as well as improving your energy levels and mental concentration.
After using cold water to splash on your face, to make this cold water therapy even more efficient, you should stand in front of the cold draft from an air conditioner.
You can even take a cool shower every morning after waking up for driving out the sleepiness and improving your blood circulation as well.
In brief, this is also a very useful one out of the best tips on how to fight drowsiness at home and at work naturally that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to learn and make use as soon as possible to get an active and healthy body throughout the day.
Expose yourself to some sunlight on a daily basis. This will help in keeping you energetic and alert throughout the day as well as fighting daytime drowsiness. In reality, sunlight can help in regulating the sleep-wake cycle because it can help your brain register that it is the wake-up time for its own.
Sunlight in the morning can also help the body in producing vitamin D. A research published in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine in 2013 suggested that a deficiency of vitamin D can be associated with sleep related issues, especially daytime drowsiness. Nevertheless, a well-designed future research is necessary to come to a specific conclusion.
After waking up in the morning, you should go for a walk in the open air and expose your skin to the sunlight within at least fifteen minutes. Remember not to apply any sunscreen during the body’s sun exposure process.
This is actually the last but certainly not the least one on the list of best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home that I would like to reveal in this article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use for good.
Disturbed sleep and sleep lack are 2 of the major trigger factors behind daytime sleepiness. Thus, planning a healthy sleeping schedule is one of the best ways to avoid having daytime sleepiness. Sufficient sleep can even help in fighting low energy, stress, depression, and fatigue.
Different bodies will need different amounts of sleep so that they can function well, but an average of 7 – 8 hours of sound sleep is generally sufficient for everyone to help their body function at its best. To get sound sleep at night, you will need to follow these simple habits
- Limit your time watching TV or staring at computers, or even phones in the evening before your bedtime.
- Keep the bedroom 100% dark so that you will be able to have a restful sleep more easily. If it is necessary, you can use blinds or shades to block out any exterior light.
- Keep following a proper sleep schedule that has a consistent wake time and bedtime.
- Read a book or do something to relax your mind, such as practicing some simple yoga postures for about 20 minutes before going to bed.
- Use a good quality comforter, mattress, and pillow so that you will be able to get improved sleep quality.
One more thing you should know is that you can take green tea capsule, and you just need to take 300 – 400 mg of green tea extract capsules on a daily basis. Do not forget to consult your doctor before taking the capsules for proper dosage and safety warranty.
Now, after reading the article that reveals the best tips on how to fight drowsiness at home naturally, you and my other readers will get a great recommendation from me – author Lien Nguyen – another great writing as a bonus going along with this article, and they are both aimed to help you deal with the drowsiness or sleepiness issue right at the comfort of your own home without needing to make use of any type of pills, drugs, or medications – the 20 Tips On How To Fight Against Sleepiness Naturally At Home article. This is actually a great gathering of treatment tips and techniques that you should make use to stop the symptoms of sleepiness fast and effectively, thereby helping you to work and study better. These tips and tricks, similar to those natural remedies I revealed in the article today will help anyone who wants to get rid of sleepiness quickly and naturally without having to concern about any harmful side effect as when they make use of medicines. In fact, the article I mentioned above reveals knowledge and figures that are given by scientists, so they will be safe for health.
The list today is an entire gathering of the top 10 best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home, containing useful herbal remedies that people visiting VKool.com and others who are also struggling with drowsiness and fatigue should learn and make use as soon as possible for good. These natural remedies are proven effective and safe for health so people at any age should consider making use of them and do not concern about any unwanted side effect.
After reading the list of 10 best tips on how to fight drowsiness naturally at home and learn how to make use of the great herbal remedies revealed inside to get rid of drowsiness, if you find it useful for your current case and if you want to share this list widely to make use with other people you know who are also looking for ways to stop their own drowsiness problem, do not hesitate to share it! In addition, if you have any question to ask me about the content or anything else of this article or if you just want to show me your own opinions, feel free to leave your comments and feedbacks below and wait for my replication.
Other articles about healthy tips, exercises, workouts… for people to fight against some mental issues, including drowsiness, and get better health: