I always get a lot of compliments about my eyes – that they look so bright, clear and sparkly as if I am filled with love. In fact, having clear eyes is the dream of many people, particularly in these days. Just as a simple on otherwise smooth, clear skin could damage your day, yellow and red eyes could put a damper on your own look. In addition to being a vanity problem, yellow tinted eyes could also be a signal of bigger health problems such as allergic reactions, toxin buildup, glaucoma, and more. If you have ruled out health problems after heading to an eye doctor and you are searching ways to make your eyes clear, then you should check out the following tips and tricks. These tips on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops, collected by VKool.com, are important for anyone who wants to have healthy eyes. Make them become your daily routine!
How To Get Clear Eyes Naturally Without Eye Drops – 28 Big Tips
13. Cold Compress
14. Avoid Irritants
15. Eat Carrots
18. Use Turmeric
22. Use Milk
26. Rose Water
27. Mint Leaves
28. Lavender Oil
Gentle massaging your eyes is one of the easiest ways on how to get clear eyes naturally. Massage will help you to reduce eye strain and prevent fine line and wrinkles by improving your blood circulation to your eyes.
- Firstly, take a few drops of pure coconut oil or olive oil on your fingertips.
- Then, use your fingertips to gently massage your eye areas, including the outer corners, the center of the brows, the inner corners, and below your eyes.
- You should repeat this eye massage for at least 1 time per day.
Learn more: 9 Best Natural Home Remedies For Eye Bags
As you know, coconut oil has a lot of benefits on the health and beauty. For example, it can be used to get rid of gray hair and considered as a great natural moisturizer. In addition, it also helps to reduce puffiness, wrinkles, and fine lines around your eyes. Besides, coconut oil also contains many essential nutrients that can aid in reviving and rejuvenating the delicate skin around your eyes and giving a smooth and soft texture to your eyes. Therefore, don’t forget coconut oil when it comes to the ways on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops.
- At first, pour a little virgin coconut oil on the palms.
- Then, apply this oil around your eyes.
- Now, gently massage it with your fingers.
- After that, leave it on your skin for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Finally, wash the skin around your eyes with clean water.
Indian gooseberry (amla) is a good way on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops. This herb is a very rich source of vitamin A and C, which helps to strengthen the muscles around your eyes. In addition, it also aids in getting rid of a few eye-related problems such as redness, watering, and itching.
- Firstly, take amla powder (1 teaspoon) and 1 cup of filtered water. Then, add this powder to water and let it soak for overnight. In the next morning, you use a muslin cloth to strain the water and then add 1 cup of water to it. Now, use this solution to splash your eyes. You should do this way for one time per day in the morning.
- Another option, you can also mix amla juice (2 teaspoons) in 1/2 cup of clean water and then drink it in the every morning. If you have the fresh amla, eat it daily.
Fennel seeds are considered as one of the most ravishing and useful ingredients in nature. It is also used for a few common problems in the human health. You can eat or massage or use this vegetable in the form of pills. It may trigger the estrogen quantity to your body, which will suppress any male hormone and cause these hormones to regulate its function properly. Besides, these fennel seeds are widely used as a toner or as a treatment for many diseases.
You should consult your doctor before using these seeds for any purpose because herbal supplements can have a biological or side effect and be harmful if it is mixed with other certain medications. Fennel seeds are rich in vitamin A that helps to strengthen the health of your eyes while the rich content of antioxidants in these seeds replenishes body cells. Here is a way on how to get clear eyes naturally with fennel seeds that you should follow.
- Firstly, take a little water.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of fennel seed powder to it.
- Now, mix them well to make a paste.
- After that, wrap the mixture in a damp cloth.
- Finally, use it as a cold compress on your tired & puffy eyes.
- In case, you have itchy eyes, you can use the fennel seeds water to wash your eyes.
Learn more: Top 10 Health Benefits Of Fennel
A warm compress is another easy way on how to get clear eyes naturally by reducing eye strain and soothing dull and dry eyes. The warmth will relax all the muscles around the eyes and help in restoring their natural sparkle and look.
- At first, soak a soft cloth in lukewarm water.
- Then, wring it out to remove the excess water.
- Next, put this warm cloth on your closed eyelids and hold for 1 minute.
- You should repeat the process for 3 or 4 times.
- Do this way whenever needed.
Seeking for a few easy ways on how to get clear eyes naturally, you should not skip ginger. Ginger helps you to have proper blood circulation to the body while honey is regarded as a natural moisturizer. If you have a good blood circulation, you need not worry about some body-related problems. In addition, ginger also contains other benefits such as getting rid of nausea, stomach problems, or digestive problems.
Besides, ginger is very effective in removing the puffiness from your eyes and giving a soothing effect to your eyes. Here is a method that helps to remove eyes puffiness and restore clearness and sparkle in your eyes:
- Firstly, take 1 teaspoon of the extract of ginger.
- Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to this extract.
- Now, use your fingers to gently massage this mixture on your eye areas for 10 minutes after mixing them well.
- Finally, repeat this method every day.
Potato has a lot of beauty benefits on your skin and on your eyes. These potato slices not only help you to reduce the puffiness and tiredness around your eyes but also aid in eliminating the dark circles under the eyes. Potatoes are very high in water content that is also effective in removing the eye puffiness. In addition, these potatoes also have vitamin C and potassium, which help to keep the fluids in your body balanced. Therefore, this will help your skin and eyes look fresh and give you a beautiful and bright skin. Besides, the skin will absorb all the essential nutrients from the potatoes to give you bright and healthy eyes.
- At first, cut a few potatoes into a circular shape.
- Then, lie down on your bed or a chair and place these slices on the eyes.
- Now, wait for about 10 minutes.
- After that, remove them from the eyes.
- Finally, wash your face and then moisturize it properly.
- You should repeat this method regularly.
Another natural and popular way on how to get clear eyes is certainly aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is very effective in treating or reducing the redness and getting rid of itching from your eyes. In addition, people have also used it for treating dry skin, removing the dead skin cells, and reducing the itching burns on the skin.
- At first, take the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Then, apply this gel on your eyes.
- Now, massage it for about 5 minutes until it is dissolved properly.
- After that, let it sit on for 20 minutes.
- Finally, wash your face with clean water and then moisturize your skin after patting it dry.
Another easy way on how to get clear eyes naturally is to get sound sleep at night. As you know, there is nothing more important than a sound sleep. It is good for not only your eyes but also for your overall health. When you have a sound sleep of about 6 to 8 hours per night, you will get clear and sparkling eyes after waking up.
On the other hands, if you have not a proper sleep, you will get droopy, dull, and tired eyes. In addition, deficiency of sleep may also contribute to forming puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. To have sound sleep:
- You should try to go to sleep on a set schedule. Moreover, you should wake up early at the same time in the every morning.
- You ought to choose a ventilated room with a little noise to sleep.
- Avoid drinking or having a heavy meal before going to sleep.
The mixture of honey and cardamom is very effective in strengthening your eyesight. While honey hydrates your eyes, cardamom is beneficial in removing the eye puffiness and making them look sparkling and brighter. Here is a method on how to get clear eyes by removing eyes puffiness:
- Firstly, take 1 teaspoon of the extract of cardamom.
- Then, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to this extract.
- Now, apply this mixture to you eye areas and massage it for 10 minutes with your fingers.
- Finally, rinse it off thoroughly after 30 minutes.
- Repeat this method every day.
Learn more: 9 Home Remedies For Watery Eyes From Allergies
Almonds are known as one of the healthiest nuts that have many benefits for your health. However, almonds and almond oil contain a rich source of vitamin E and antioxidants that improve the skin tone and regenerate the new skin cells. This will help to lighten dark circles around the eyes naturally.
Besides, milk is a great natural moisturizer that can soothe and revitalize the delicate and soft skin around your eyes. Remember to use this way, if you are looking for a few easy ways on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops.
- At first, soak 5 to 6 almonds for overnight.
- Then, peel and crush these soaked almonds.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of milk to this powder.
- Now, mix them together and apply this mixture to the eyes.
- After that, gently massage it for 3 to 5 minutes in a circular motion.
- Finally, leave it on your skin for 30 minutes before washing it off with clean water.
One of other easy ways how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops is to increase the intake of fluid. Drinking enough water or fluid really helps to get relief from eye puffiness and give the shine, brightness, sparkle to your eyes. It can reduce or get rid of your congestion when you drink water or lemon juice. In fact, this also saves you from dehydration and assists you in keeping your throat hydrated. It is recommended to drink about 8 – 10 glass of clean water per day. In addition to drinking water, you may also have natural energy juices, fruit juices, herbal teas, ginger tea, and the chicken soup to add more fluid to your body and get clear eyes.
You might have used a cold compress for swollen or puffy eyes, yet they actually work to make the eyes brighter, too. Just simply take a bowl and fill it with cold water and ice. Then, you soak a washcloth into the bowl till it is saturated. After wringing out the excess water, you fold up it horizontally and lay it over the eyes for 5 minutes. Do it for a few times per day. That way, you will see a reduction in redness and fluid retention which results in puffy eyes.
Smoke, pollen, dust or any other allergens are all irritants to your eyes. You had better avoid irritants as they might seriously help the eyes stay white. You should steer clear of smoking and secondhand smoke. Keep your living area free of allergens and dust. These could result in red eyes almost instantly.
Related articles about eye health:
Carrots are high in vitamin C and vitamin A, which are very helpful in brightening the eyes. It could help prevent the buildup of foreign debris which could not come into your own eyes. Thus, consuming carrots is a good way on how to get clear eyes you can do at home.
If you eat too many foods which are high in fat and sugar content, you are risking yourself with numerous health problems, containing eye problems. Fats and sugars become toxins that flood the liver and when the liver could not work appropriately, those toxins will take over the body, resulting in red and yellow eyes.
On the other hand, caffeine, a common drink that most of us drink daily, is not a good friend for your eyes’ health as it might hydrate yourself, wreaking havoc on your eyes. If you often drink 1 cup of caffeinated tea or coffee per day, then you should match it with a glass of plain water in order to balance out the dehydration. Besides, stay away from tea and caffeinated soda.
If you take omega-3 supplements regularly, you will not only see a difference in your skin health but also your eye health. It is recommended to take at least 4 capsules of omega-3, 2 a pop each for lunch and dinner.
Check out some benefits of tea tree oill here so you can use it in the most effective ways.
According to a study, it is said that an antioxidant made from turmeric was helpful in curing red eyes associated with uveitis. Despite the study lacked of a placebo test group, turmeric is worth considering in good preparation, not applied right directly to the eyes.
In addition, turmeric is also a spice with many benefits including how to get clear eyes naturally. With this method, you will get brighter and clearer eyes in a short time. Turmeric is very effective in improving your skin complexion and tone that makes it an effective home remedy for dark circles under your eyes.
- You will need a big turmeric piece and wash it thoroughly before soaking it in lemon juice.
- Then, you put it in a bowl and then cover it for 1 month.
- After that, take out the turmeric piece and then grind it with 1 cup of rose water.
- Now, strain the juice and use it as eye drops.
- This juice will help you to get bright and sparkling eyes quickly.
The modified form of the amino acid cysteine named “N-Acetyl Cysteine” is thought to assist the human body in creating and antioxidant loosening the secretions that block the eye and lead to redness in blepharitis.
Taking N-Acetyl Cysteine at the dose of 100 mg thrice per day for about 8 weeks will bring to you great benefits for your health.
Widely known as a natural remedy for puffy eyes, cucumber is a good option for those who want to know how to get clear eyes without eye drops. It is reckoned as one of the most effective tips to bright your tired eyes. The high water content in cucumbers might be the major ingredient which will help the most. You could take an ice-cold cucumber and then divide it into many thick slices. Now, relax the head and place those slices over your closed eyes. Wait for 10 minutes or till the cucumber slices become warm.
This might be the easiest handy method you could use to get clear eyes. Both black tea and green tea include bioflavonoids. Using tea bags will help you lessen the inflammation and bacteria. You just need to place wet tea bags within the fridge to let them chill out. At the same time, you use a cotton ball to apply the olive oil on your eyes whilst chilling the tea bags. After the tea bags chill out, you place these bags on your eyes while lying relaxingly. Wait for 10 minutes before washing off your face.
Cold milk is a good solution for your tired, puffy eyes. Thus, when your eyes get tired, you can take advantage of the milk treatment to relax and soothe your own eyes. Prepare a cup of cold milk. Put several cotton balls into it, let them soak for a few minutes. After lying down, you place the towel under the head, close the eyes and place those cotton balls which are soaked with milk on the eyes for 10-15 minutes. Finally, wash your face off with water and moisturize it as usual.
Refer some positive effects of drinking milk you can take here.
If you store strawberries in the freezer on a summer day, it could become a good treat for your thirst. However, not many people know about the ability of strawberries how to get clear eyes naturally and get rid of puffy and tired-looking eyes. In fact, strawberries will help the human eyes look healthy and brighter. In order to make use of strawberries, you had better remove the tops of several frozen strawberries before cutting them into many slices. Then, you place those slices of strawberries under the eyes, wait for 5 minutes. Rinse your face off with water and moisturize it after that.
Try some simple eye exercises to help your eyes relax and add the shine and sparkle to your eyes. These exercises will be effective in reducing eye strain and improving your blood circulation to your eyes. If you could practice them before hitting the hay, it works even better. Just take a pen and then move it horizontally and vertically right in front of the eyes. Focus the eyes on the pen’s tip.
Another easy eye exercise is that you shut your eyes and then squeeze them tightly. Next, you open them fast, as wide as possible. You should repeat this process until your eyes begin to water. It will give you fresh and bright eyes.
Alternatively, you rub your palms together until they get warm and then place them on your closed eyelids, holding for a few minutes.
Another simple way on how to get clear eyes naturally is to keep them hydrated for proper lubrication. You should avoid staring at the TV screen or computer screen for a prolonged period of time. Nevertheless, you are doing it right now which makes it obvious that you could not avoid the computer screen. Now, what you could do instead is blinking often in order to avoid drying out your eyes. Try to take a break from the screen after ever 50-60 minutes.
Or, you can splash a little plain water on your eyes for a few times per day. This will help you to get rid of dull and tired eyes.
Another good tip for soothing, reducing and healing your eye strain is rose water as it has a pleasant fragrance which could benefit the skin in different ways. It tones, firms and hydrates your skin. Moreover, it also contains a soothing effect that helps to rejuvenate your skin around your eyes and prevent eye puffiness and dark circles. In addition, it helps prevent acne, stressed skin, wrinkles, as well as sunburns.
- At first, soak 2 cotton pads in cold rose water.
- Then, lie down and put these wet cotton balls on your closed eyelids.
- Now, leave them on there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash your eyes thoroughly with plain water.
- Do this method as needed.
Being a traditional Indian remedy for getting clear, bright eyes, mint leaves are one of the ingredients available in your kitchen which make your eyes look bright daily. You just need to use honey, mint leaves, and almond oil together to energizing the eyes. Crush the mint leaves in the small bowl, then add a small amount of water to mix them well. After extracting the juice, you add several drops of honey and almond oil. Then, place that mixture over your eyes before your bedtime to see how to get clear eyes naturally.
Similar to other essential oils, lavender oil can help relieve your strained and tired eyes naturally. You just need to take a half of liter water in the bowl and then add several drops of lavender essential oil to it. After mixing them well, you dip two cotton pads into the mixture. Place them over your eyes lids after that.
How To Get Clear Eyes Naturally – Additional Tips:
- Avoid drinking alcohol and consuming salty foods because they cause fluid retention, making your eyes look puffy, swollen, and tired.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, be sure to visit a specialist to check your eyes regularly. In addition, you should also give your eyes free from contact lenses or glasses when possible.
- Avoid allergens because they can cause your eyes to look puffy and bloodshot.
- Avoid stepping out in the sunlight because people have a tendency to squint the eyes in the bright sunlight. This will make the eyes look tired. Therefore, you should wear sunglasses when stepping out in the sun.
- Do not read in inadequate lighting because it strains your eyes.
- Limit exposure to all the electronic media screens such as the TV, computer, and iPod whenever possible.
- Always get rid of your eye makeup before you go to sleep.
- Consume nutrients that nourish the eyes. Some foods good for the eyes are carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, squash, salmon, guava, lemons, oranges, and papaya.
Follow 28 out of most effective tips on how to get clear eyes without eye drops and they will give you a bright look to the eyes and strengthen your eyes’ health naturally. Stay active and healthy all the time as this will benefit you in different ways.
If you have any comment about this How To post, share your thoughts with us by dropping words below this post. We will feedback soon.